Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad.
Here’s how to take a cobb salad and make it a million times better.
Chipotle chicken. Check! Avocado. Check! All the crazy flavor? Check check check.
This makes me want to eat a salad every day of my life.
This recipe comes from Gaby’s new cookbook and you guys, the book is absolutely AMAZING. I want to make every single thing out of it. The dishes are incredible. As I flipped through, trying to decide what to make, so many things stood out. But this recipe practically jumped off the page.
Gaby calls this the summer cobb salad, but I figured I could make a few minor adjustments for it to work right now. The flavor combination just sounded fabulous to me. And since we’re in forever winter here (it’s snowing, WHAT!), I’m craving anything that reminds me of warm weather. Or tastes like summer. And is loaded with flavor.
Or all of the above!
This salad has almost everything in it that I’m obsessed with. And I say almost everything, because there isn’t any cheese. OMG. How am I making a salad without cheese? But I’m doing it!
Chipotle marinated chicken that is to die for!
Super crispy bacon.
Sweet corn, which I also adore.
Sliced avocado, of course.
The only thing I changed up was the vinaigrette. Gaby uses a lemon one and I was fresh out of lemons! So I used lime. UH HUH. Oh my gosh. So freaking good.
Oh oh and I used my favorite method of broiling the chicken thighs instead of grilling, because SNOW. Ugh.
Good thing this delicious and amazing salad makes up for all of that. Seriously, this is a must must make. Today!
Chipotle Chicken Cobb Salad
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 to 4 cups leafy greens I used romaine and bibb lettuce
- 4 strips applewood smoked bacon cooked and crumbled
- 10 strawberries quartered
- 2 ears corn on the cobb kernels removed
- 1 ripe avocado thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Stir together the oil, chipotles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano and pepper. Place the chicken in a baking dish or ziplock bag and add the marinade, tossing well to coat. Marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Heat the broiler in your oven to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place hte chicken on the foil and broil it for 7 minutes. Flip it, then broil for 7 minutes more. Let the chicken sit for 5 minutes before slice.
- To assemble the salad, arrange the greens in a large bowl or platter with the bacon, strawberries, corn, avocado and chicken. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve!
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until combined. This stays great in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days!
Don’t you just want to live inside this bowl?!