1. This time last year I felt so sick as I was pregnant with Emilia – that even going back and looking at some of the recipes I posted make me feel sick now! Isn’t that crazy? Like I actually like the recipes, but seeing the photos take me back to how I felt that day and I’m just like NO.
2. Well isn’t this stunning. Sakura matcha mousse cake. WOW.
3. Last weekend I got an everything bagel (which is my favorite!) and after three bites, thought “this is weird…” only to realize that their everything meant FENNEL SEEDS. My enemy. Ruined everything.
4. I need a good toy storage solution. Haaaalp me.
5. One of you messaged me on instagram (I can’t remember who! I’m sorry! My brain is mush!) about a Nancy Myer’s playlist on spotify. OMG. I’ve been listening to this kitchen one nonstop! It puts Emilia to sleep which is so cute.
6. So since I’ve been traveling for the book tour, I haven’t got to watch anything! BUT. I have some embarrassing TV news for you. On our way back from Boston, Lacy and I “watched” (we didn’t have headphones so… ) episodes of the new Jersey Shore accidentally on purpose. Actually, on the way there and back. Um, maybe it’s just the nostalgia in me from a decade ago, but we got hooked. Like we talked the entire flight about what we thought was happening (since we couldn’t hear it) and now I want to watch it every week. I hate myself.
7. Definitely need these spring cleaning projects in my life.
8. Honestly I’m just really ready for Target to have out alllll their summer things. I thought the Hunter launch was a bust.
21 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Pingback: Tuesday Things. - How Sweet Eats - Sweet n Savory
For #1- you’re not crazy at all! I binge watched orphan black during the first few months of my pregnancy and now I can’t even think of that show without feeling horrible!! So weird!
Fennel seeds are the bane of my existence, too. And yes to toy storage ideas! The toys are taking over our lives. Help.
We live and die by the Ikea Kallax system – inexpensive, comes in FUN colors (or white, if you wanna bring the color with the bins), and has good sized bins. I really like that although we use them horizontally now, when our daughter is older, we can turn them vertical more like a traditional bookshelf. You can also get inserts for the cubes that turn them into closed cubbies (with a door) or into 2 drawers. Plus when they inevitably color on them with crayon or marker, it washes off!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Fruitide
I can totally relate to #1! I found out I was pregnant while on vacation and thinking about some of the food we ate, some of the clothes I wore, and the souvenir cups we bought to use at the hotel… all make me feel absolutely nauseated! SO bizarre!
#3…. Girl, you and me both. I could have written this same thing about the everything bagels (also my favorite ever) that my parents get for Christmas at a local bagel shop. I HATE fennel seeds, and they do NOT belong on an everything bagel. Period.
hahahaha. I was so sick with baby #2, and I would let my almost 2 year old watch mickey mouse club house for an hour or so some evenings, while I was miserable on the sofa. I *cannot* listen to the mickey mouse club house song to this day (5 years later) without feeling queasy.
OH THE TOYS!!!! I swear they breed. One day you look around, and they are suddenly everywhere.
We have a single toy organizer in the living room from IKEA (TROFAST) – we got it at a garage sale awhile ago, with 6 different sized bins. and the kids know what bins toys go into. 1 for dolls, 1 for puzzles, 1 for blocks, 1 for misc (spinners, nick nacks my girls adore, little toys they get periodically), one for matched toys (tea set, cooking set), and so on. Upstairs, we have a bookshelf for kids books, and another bin that holds dress-up clothes, and a shelf for cars/trucks. I used to have them labeled, but the labels eventually fell off, and it doesn’t matter, everyone knows what is where.
THAT SAID. Best toy organization solution is to divide the toys in half (followed by the one toy per child at a time rule – super annoying, but now a few years in, its a given you have to put a toy away before you get the next one out). I have my kids pick out a couple favorites, and then I put half into a box(es). Whatever toys they ask about in the course of the next couple months, come out of storage for play. The rest get given away/thrown away (my kids are older, so they are in the know on this, and it is not a surprise/insult). I like fewer inside toys, because we try to be an outside family. So maybe this approach wouldn’t work for you if you have a different philosophy around how you are spending your time. :)
When I was first pregnant with my second baby, and super sick, my oldest watched a lot of Kipper the Dog. I swear that theme song still makes me nauseous. So I totally get the photo aversion you’re having!
I agree about the target+hunter release. Why is shipping not available for 80% of the items? So weird. I saw on the news that they are not going to make women’s tall boots anymore AND it looks like they stopped making toddler boots all together as well https://www.target.com/c/shoes/-/N-vn0lvZlucm565xwgk?type=products&lnk=Toddler
The Hunter release was so unimpressive…… my love for Target will give them another chance, haha:D
Ugh I totally need that spring cleaning list!! 😕
My little nephew’s name is Hunter so my sister got a bunch of stuff and the pieces she chose are super cute. Can’t wait to see what collab target does next!
Omg Nancy Myers playlist on Spotify!!! Thank you to the person recommending it and to you for mentioning it!! It’s fantastic! We usually listen to New York jazz vibes or the sleepless in Seattle playlist and the Nancy Myers one is so similar – we needed something new after playing the same two over and over!
Fennel seeds are THE WORST! Glad someone agrees with me :) My husband thinks I’m weird…!
WAIT! This playlist is giving me life on this gloomy Wednesday! love love love.
Giant Eagle’s bakery puts fennel in their everything bagel topping. Avoid at all costs.
*Read while eating an everything bagel with no fennel seeds*
I drove to Target in a blizzard just to get first dibs on the Hunter stuff. I wanted the tall rubber boots (didn’t have them) and ended up buying one jacket I may return. It was definitely a letdown. :(
FYI: it’s Nancy Meyers (not Myers) in case anyone is looking for her on Spotify like me!
the new jersey shore is as good as ever! haha
Here you will be glad to know that here we are having the best gaming portal free bejeweled 3 online games which will allow you to enjoy these games online without any type of registration or downloading process.