The Best Ever Baked Oatmeal.
This is seriously the best baked oatmeal you will ever eat.
I know I have ten million favorite everythings and that I seriously love all the things and that I get excited over everything in life, but using the term “best ever” isn’t something I take lightly. THIS IS REALLY THE BEST EVER!
So here’s the thing about this oatmeal recipe.
It’s basically dessert. It’s DIFFERENT.
Yes. It’s like oatmeal cake. Dessert oatmeal. Baked, crunchy, sugary oatmeal that is so fantastic you won’t be able to stand it. Or stop eating it.
This is one of those recipes that you make for a crowd, a brunch party, or even dessert if you’re weird like me and want to serve it with ice cream. It’s not something I’d prep ahead to eat for the week for breakfast because it isn’t that good-for-you kind of oatmeal, but I’m definitely not against having the leftovers for breakfast or a snack during the week.
It’s the oatmeal you make instead of cinnamon rolls or French toast or chocolate chip pancakes. Like, it’s on that level.
Dessert, I tell you!
And it came from a big old box of recipes that was a combo of ones my mom had saved, some on index cards and what I have left from Mother Lovett’s stash. Apparently it’s close (or similar) to a baked oatmeal recipe at Hershey Park. Take me to the chocolate spa please!
The texture is UNREAL. It’s super dense but also crunchy. It’s satisfying and filling and so incredible that I can’t help but with it was THAT oatmeal. You know, the oatmeal that does all the good things for us.
Alas, it’s not, but we still have to discuss it. We should probably have a contest to see who will make it the most!
The oatmeal recipe itself is very versatile. I added nothing extra to it. No fruits or nuts – but that’s the thing! You can add WHATEVER you want to it. You can stir fruit or chocolate chips or toasted pecans into the oatmeal before baking.
Now the top is where I went a little crazy.
I sprinkled on sliced almonds, flaked coconut, extra chocolate chips, hemp seeds and even chia seeds before baking. It make the top even crunchier!
Oooooh my gosh, just look at that layer of oatmeal love.
Serving this with a drizzle of milk or cream is perfection, but like I mentioned above, ice cream for dessert on top? I’d never say no.
I also love how it’s served in perfect squares. With the semi-crispy outsides and the soft yet dense insides… oh Mylanta. It’s simply heaven.
Best Baked Oatmeal Video
The Best Ever Baked Oatmeal
- 4 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk whatever you like! dairy or nondairy
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut toasted if you've like!
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- milk or cream for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Pour the mixture in the dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and set. Remove the dish from the oven and place the chocolate chips on top right away (so they kind of melt!). Top with the coconut, almonds, hemp hearts and chia seeds. Let cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve with a drizzle of milk or cream.
Extra extra extra coffee too.