Salted Honey Lavender Nuts.
Today, we’re making snack mix! Lavender honey nuts are where it’s AT.
You know I’m all about the snack mix when it comes to pool time, and since I’m on vacation this week, I figured it would be the perfect time to share these lavender honey nuts that you can make in an instant at home.
No oven required!
You make ‘em on the stovetop, let ‘em sit and then devour. Serve to all your friends! Snack away!
So, I still have SO many book tour stops to tell you guys about, and I’m trying to remember which stop it was that we almost ordered this lavender honey snack mix. I’m pretty sure it’s when we were in Atlanta at Leon’s Full Service and they were the “lug nuts of the day,” but we passed for the grilled bread instead. Because… grilled bread.
And it came with homemade ricotta so there is no beating that.
But the minute we ordered it, I was thinking “I have to make those nuts at home!” Then I instantly typed the note into my phone.
My notes section of my iPhone is just like Gretchen Wieners’ hair. You know.
And here we are.
Because I clearly cannot get enough of lavender right now. It had to happen.
Also, some form of nuts are often my go-to when I need an energy boost with the kids because they are so satisfying but quick to grab and go.
I used what I had on hand in my pantry: whole raw almonds, cashews and brazil nuts. You can use whatever the heck you have though, and that’s what makes this so fun. And easy!
After a quick stovetop toast and glaze with the lavender infused honey, these take a baking sheet nap and then they are ready. Roasted, sweet and salty.
Totally addictive too.
I’m obsessed with this idea not only for snacking at home or during the week or on the run, but for party snacks too. Especially if you’re having a dinner party. These are so perfect to put out with a wedge of cheese and some olives.
In fact, I just want to eat that mess as a happy hour snack today. Let’s do it.
Salted Honey Lavender Nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender petals
- 8 ounces raw almonds
- 8 ounces raw cashews
- 8 ounces raw brazil nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat the honey and lavender in a saucepan over medium-low heat until it's melted and thin. Remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- In a large saucepan or skillet, heat the nuts over low heat. Toss constantly until they are fragrant and slightly toasted. Remove them from the heat and stir in the lavender honey. Stir until all the nuts are coated.
- Spread the nuts out on the parchment paper in a single layer. Sprinkle with the flaked salt. Let them sit and dry and cool for 1 to 2 hours. Break them apart and either serve or package up for snacks!
My kind of crunch.