20 Minute Thai Avocado Salad.
These are a few of my favorite things.
All in a thai avocado salad! Or shall I say, a thai-inspired avocado salad.
Yes yes, that’s much better.
This avocado salad is LOADED. But simple. But full of flavor! And easy.
Is this making sense?
Lots of other good things like red peppers and cilantro and jalapeño and lime. Tastes like freaking HEAVEN. I get ridiculously excited that we can make something like this at home in our kitchens. It’s really fantastic and it tastes fancy.
Spoiler alert: it’s soooo not fancy.
This salad can be lunch. It can be dinner. You can add chickpeas or chicken or salmon or shrimp. It can be a side salad to any other meal. There is so much room for activities! (Name that movie.)
But really, there is so much room to do something here. So many meal options.
The peanut butter dressing is more like a vinaigrette than a thick and creamy dressing. I mean, it is still creamy from the peanut butter but it’s a lighter dressing than the one from this chicken salad. It’s drinkable. Seriously. You won’t be able to stay away!
You know I’m all about the CRUNCH so this little salad here is perfect for my texture-loving brain. There’s a little heat. A little sweat.
And it’s satisfying too! It reminds me of a (much less intense) version of the spicy rainbow salad. Just with ALLLL the avocado.
Can’t beat that!
- 2 avocados thinly sliced
- 2 carrots spiralized
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 mango cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- On a plate (or 2 plates!), combine and/or layer the avocados, carrots, green onions, mango, red bell pepper and jalapeño. Drizzle on the peanut butter vinaigrette. Top with the cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Whisk together the vinegar, peanut butter, lime juice, honey, garlic and sesame oil until combined. Whisk in the grapeseed oil until smooth. Whisk in the salt and pepper.
Just set me in that little avocado nook.