Smoky S’mores Root Beer Floats.
I’ve been waiting all summer for this root beer float!
I don’t know what it is about s’mores. I’m sure it’s the flavor. Definitely the texture. Probably the mix of chocolate-y goodness and melt marshmallow?
The s’mores combo just makes EVERYTHING better and it’s certainly the case with this root beer float.
The fact that this is not the first root beer float I’ve shared on my blog is slightly alarming. It’s not like you need an actual RECIPE, after all.
Remember when I was super into all things root beer float? I made these root beer float cupcakes and it’s been years since I’ve had them again, so perhaps this weekend will be it. Those things are insane!
There is something about root beer floats that just taste like the greatest parts of childhood. And I can’t even tell you the last time I drank an actual root beer.
And you’re not seeing things! Last year around Saint Patrick’s Day, I made s’mores stout milkshakes with beer and they are deeeelicious.
Like super sinful and wonderful and such a treat.
So here we go again. These floats are my ode to summer.
I’m torn! Because with a month of summer left, there are still a handful of warm weather cocktails I want to make. But it’s also honeycrisp season, and since that lasts for only a few weeks, I can’t miss out!
I think that this s’mores root beer float is sort of my farewell to summer cocktails and mocktails. After all, I have shared nearly 20 (!) of them in the last few weeks. Definite options.
Here? We have a root beer float with vanilla and CHOCOLATE ice cream, which is super special if you ask me. I mean, okay, maybe it’s not special per se, but for some reason it makes the entire thing SEEM special? It’s like a black and white root beer float instead of a black and white shake.
You can also take this over the top and add some marshmallow cream if you wish. Sometimes I’m into that, other times it’s super duper sweet.
ALL the time I want a s’more though.
Smoky S'mores Root Beer Floats
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 2 bottles root beer
- pinch of smoked sea salt
- 2 tablespoons graham crackers
- 2 marshmallows charred or torched
- To melt the chocolate chips, place them in a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until melty. I like to take a spoon and drizzle this around the rim.
- Fill each glass with both chocolate and vanilla ice creams. Add a pinch of smoked sea salt into the glass. Pour the root beer over top just before serving. Sprinkle on the graham crackers and add a charred marshmallow on to finish. Devour!
- As a note, you can char the marshmallows on a gas range, under the broiler (watch them the entire time!) or even just get them melty in the microwave if you don't have a bonfire of sorts.
How could you not?!