1. We have toys that go off by themselves. I can only describe this as a parenting nightmare. Like it’s 11PM and the kids have been in bed for hours and all of a sudden, a toy somewhere starts singing and blaring music. See also: two weeks ago Max’s toothbrush that has a light timer started flashing in the middle of the night, when no one was in the bathroom. Why does this feel like some sort of horror flick.
2. Speaking of, this is the worst time of year because all those scary movie previews are everywhere and I basically have to hide under the covers constantly.
3. Oh hello homemade salted cream cold foam cold brew! Now I can make it at home.
4. I officially decorated for fall and it feels oh so good! Max was so excited to help me set up pumpkins. It definitely looks like a three year old decorated but I sort of love it and don’t want to move things.
5. While I’m more than obsessed with this time of year, I’m also all about these apps to help us refocus. I love the 7 minute workout!
6. Who watched season two of Ozark?! AH! It is so freaking good. Just as good. We are almost finished and I love it so much. Friday and Saturday night we stayed up until 2am bingeing it.
7. Back when dELiA*s was the only store where I wanted to shop.
8. Saw something over the weekend that Oreo was coming out with wasabi and buffalo wing flavored Oreos. Why is this real life?
9. I love this video SO much. My friend Rachel on after the after of losing 80 pounds.
14 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Rachel’s video is everything! Passing it on to my daughter; thanks so much for sharing it.
Wow, that is quite a video.
It has taken me many years to accept who I am and my size. But that comes aging and wisdom, I think. I will still eat my veggies and the chocolate cake.I will always have a mantra in my mind from my grandmother who ate prunes and cottage cheese for breakfast and had an occasional plate of fried oysters,
” it’s all about moderation”. She lived to be 92.
WOW! Rachel’s video is spot on and truly needs to be shared with the world! I’ve struggled and continue to struggle with an eating disorder for over 30yrs. Although I truly believe in living a life eating in moderation and intuitively, I still can’t seem to figure out what that looks like for me! The world today, filled with one new diet trend after another, has done nothing but confuse people and made us all question our self worth!
Thanks for sharing Jessica!
1.) Sounds like Toy Story meets Child’s Play.
7.) I WAS OBSESSED WITH DELIA*S. Oh yes.
Ozark! YES!!! Have only watched the first episode of season 2 before we went away for the holiday weekend but hope to finish it this week. This is probably one of the best shows on Netflix.
My bf made me start watching Ozark and I just started it yesterday! I have a feeling it’s gonna make me not get any work done lol. And I’ve only watched 2 episodes. It’s SO good so far!
I am SO pumped to try the homemade salted cream cold foam cold brew! I’ve been obsessed with it since it came out and keep deciding I deserve one for (insert any old reason: it’s Tuesday, I “forgot” to make my coffee while I was home, I have a reward on my card, etc).
UH I’m 28 and waaay back in the day my parents bought me the most awesome duvet cover and sheets from dElLiA*s! Confession time I STILL use the sheets (theyre somehow still in perfect condition) and put that duvet cover on when I want to “switch it up!” They had the cutest bed sets! Seriously, google “delias bedding” or something if you need proof! Amazing!
Can you do a full post on how you decorated for fall??!! I’m having a HUGE thanksgiving at my house and need inspiration!! PS Delias hahahaa
Loved the real-life vid by your friend Rachel. Body image is so emotional & complex, no matter what your size!
Those new Oreos are going to be in China, not here, which is a big bummer for me. Why you ask? Because we do an Oreo taste-testing at work every week and I’m proud to say that I’ve brought in the worst Oreos to date. (They were Cherry Cola for anyone who wants to purchase some gross cookies, by the way.) I know these new Oreos would cement my top finish in the worst cookie category and who doesn’t want to win that award?
I loved Delia’s!! And 90s fashion was the best. Loved the skater snowboarder look :)
I’d love to see photos of your fall decorations. I’m having fifteen people over for Yom Kippur and I need some inspiration!
OK, so, I loved Season 1 of Ozark, but I feel like Season 2 is a little slow so far! Like all the drama is kind of old news now, or something… Does it pick up??
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Seasonal Recipes