1. With the last four days here being chilly and rainy, I’m actually jumping into pumpkin early. I always wait until after summer really ends but with our weather, it was like I had no choice. I’ve been making the most delish protein pumpkin pancakes and can’t wait to share. OH my gosh.
2. Speaking of breakfast foods, I’m dying over these sourdough belgian waffles. I must must must get to work on a sourdough starter.
3. Have you ever heard of idea debt? Holy cow. I can relate to this so, so much. Is there something you’ve wanted to do, but haven’t done yet – but keep making plans and to-do lists to actually DO it?
4. A new iPhone is supposedly being launched tomorrow… and I need a new one. Are you making the jump?
5. Since my summer fridays series is over, I figured I’d update you here. I absolutely looooved Eleanor Oliphant! It was so good and I could not put it down, even when I’d drop my phone on my face as I fell asleep reading it. What should I read next?
6. We finished Ozark and it was SO good. How fantastic is Ruth? I love her. And I love how the season ended. Ooomph. Haven’t been watching anything else this week. Counting down the days until This is Us, otherwise known as emotional torture.
7. This is my life! I’m not sorry. SO good. Must watch 67 times.
8. It’s my 375th Tuesday Things! Not sure what it says about me that I can ramble about nothing for so many days.
23 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
oh my goodness! that chili! where is it from? It’s still warm in California but mentally I’m ready for all the pumpkin and soups!
I wait all day for Tuesday Things, you inspire me, it gets my brain juice going, You listen to me and reply sometimes. I like that, back to work for me now, so sorry……………….. thank you for reading my note to you.
P.S. You also find blogs I don’t have time to look for. Cool.
I’ve worked hard to stop apologizing for nothing over the last few years. Now I say “excuse me” if I intersect with someone in the hallway or bump their foot or that type of thing. I want to start working on the “thank you” part of this though…I like that.
Oh Also the question of the day ( my 7th-grade child’s school project)
What were you doing on 9/11/2001?
I love Tuesday Things! You always post/link really interesting stuff.
Story: I had a sourdough starter going last year in April, I tended to it so well. Then we started doing kitchen renovations in late May. Oh also, I was heavily pregnant and due with my daughter in early June. (ps: thank you for giving me so many good ideas for freezer meals). So my starter was doing really well until you know…baby. And then I just ignored it and left it in the fridge :( It was SO sad when I had to throw it out. Perhaps it’s time to start another one.
5.) YAY!!!! So delighted you liked it :)
Yay for Eleanor Oliphant, I loved that book too. I’m currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing. An unexpected great read. I also highly recommend Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton. Thanks for including book updates you enjoy on your blog!
7. THANK YOU for sharing this video! It is perfectly relevant to my everyday life. I am going to start implementing 5-4-3-2-1 immediately!
have you watched the sinner on USA (first season on netflix)? so, so good!
I’m on bedrest right now with my 2nd babe and have been reading sooooo much. Adding Eleanor to my list! If you haven’t read them yet, I loved the whole Crazy Rich Asians series (3 books). Also super loved The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan – it’s a memoir and the way she writes about her dad is just the best.
Now going to start referring to myself as having major idea debt. Write way to many things down and never do 1/2 of them. I think it was you who posted once about just being interested in so many things, and that is what I suffer from too, just want to do a little bit of everything!
I justbroke up with iPhone last week – switched to Android base phone. I was tired of being a slave to the man.
Can’t recall if you’ve read “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” (Reid), “Everything You Want Me to Be” (Mejia) and “I Found You” (Jewell) but they were all books I could. not. put. down. The kind of books where you miss the characters when you’ve finished and find yourself thinking ‘I wonder what they’re doing now??!
“Eleanor is on my to-read list but there are 23 people ahead of me on the library wait list ha ha!
desperately waiting for This Is Us to return… curious/hopeful about A Million Little Things
Ozark is still on my list. I’ve been really into the Sinner. That I’m sorry video is something I. Red to watch over and over. I loved Eleanor Oliphant!
Loved Eleanor Oliphant too!
I’m reading CIRCE
By Madeline Miller now and am loving it!
Eleanor Oliphant is on my list to read. I recently finished The Dinner List by Rebecca Searle. I loved it! “Imagine that you could gather the people you’ve loved dead or alive—at one table, with a chance to heal yourself once and for all.” I need to start Ozark now that The Affair is over for the season. Thank you for Tuesday Things. 😊
Check out “Sneaky Pete” on Amazon..its a good show.
Is anyone excited about ABC’s A Million Little Things?
Cannot WAIT to start watching Ozark season 2! But, we just started Jack Ryan on Amazon. Have you watched that? It’s so good, a little Homeland-esque, and John Krasinski is not unattractive. Highly recommend :)
Also, I LOVED Eleanor Oliphant! So so good, I was sad when it ended!
also about the chili, I’m obsessed, is it from a chain place I can find in california?!
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – Best Food Bag
That’s so cool things to make on Tuesday. I like your list.
If you liked Eleanor, read A Man Called Ove……..you’ll love it !!!