1. Reeeeally craving a pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bar.
2. You guys may remember I have wanted an Apple watch forever and I’m finally going to bite the bullet. Well, I tried over the weekend and the one I wanted was sold out. Whomp whomp. My instant gratification internet brain can’t get over it. If you have the new one, give me deets below!
3. Something super exciting! I finally am sharing my favorite Trader Joe’s exclusive cheese board, right here. It’s an exclusive for my email subscribers, so go get it!
4. After feeling like I lost all semblance of a productive morning routine/workout schedule/weekly and monthly planning routine for life and work since having Emilia, I’ve been working so hard to get back on track and have found some things that work for me. I’m thinking about doing a post on a few in time for the new year if you’re interested.
5. I’m obviously loving This Is Us but ugh, guys I like just can’t take it. I can’t be emotionally devastated every week by a TV show, ha. I also hate to say it but I’m really into A Million Little Things! I can’t believe how quickly they revealed what they revealed to the group.
6. Oh and I also sort of want to watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix but am petrified. I mean, I can’t even stand to watch scary movie commercials. Let alone an entire show.
7. Hi my name is Jessica and I am obsessed with buying holiday clothing for my kids. Not fancy clothes, but cute themed holiday stuff. Intervention needed, since it can be worn for approximately 43 seconds. K thanks.
8. Oh also! My new strategy in Christmas shopping is just snapping a photo of everything I see when I’m out. Lots of random photos on my phone but it’s working super well. Not that I buy anything before, like, November 20. I adore the hustle and bustle.
9. Have you ever had an emotional cold. Very into this idea.
37 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
YES TO THE TIPS ON PLANNING AND PRODUCTIVITY PLEASE!! :D
My only word of caution on the Apple Watch is the battery sucks. I have a 3 (so not the newest model) and have to charge every day. Not a big deal but definitely annoying.
same for me. pretty much each day but mine charges very fast. charging when i shower is usually enough for me. my BF has lots of notifications turned off and his lasts more than a day
Yes to planning tips. If i get one thing of a post, it’s a win for me. But you usually give me several things so I know it will be a win win win! I ditched Apple this fall. Was tired of being a slave to the man and switched to Android. I’ve been an iPhone user since they first came out. Got tired of the shoddy products. So there’s that!!
I actually got rid of my apple watch last year… felt like a shock collar and with having a baby it took a lot of special moments away. In hindsight, I could have turned off a lot of notifications but then what’s the point of a smart watch? I mostly liked it for the fitness tracker – that part is GREAT!
YES to the planning! please please please.
lol about Christmas shopping. I love to go out during the season and do fun window shopping or get little things, but the bulk will be done pre-thanksgiving. Because I just can’t handle that kind of stress buying for everyone in a short period of time.
Would love to hear any and all productivity tips/managing life with kids!
omg, the amount of holiday themed clothing i bought for my son last year (who was 9/10 months during that time) is obscene. obscene! i’m trying to not repeat that, so i only have 1 santa shirt (so far)
#4 = yes!
What is the site with the TJ’s cheeseboard and why do I need to enter my email? Would love to see it but who am I giving my info to?
Agree, the not knowing makes this is a Pass for me.
hey guys!! the TJs board is just an exclusive for my email subscribers! it’s not going to another site, it’s just a page from my blog with my newsletter! it sends it to you as a PDF ebook recipe. kind of like how we did the bonus recipes for The Pretty Dish!
I’m always into your productivity tips! =)
Re – apple watch – have you found a band you like for it? I don’t love a lot of the ones I’ve seen. I think I’d be into something that looked a bit more like a bracelet.
Omg please do the organization/planning post. I love all of your more behind-the-scenes posts (like the recent one you did on blogging, previous posts you’ve done on writing/inspiration/real life wednesdays/etc.) and would love to know what your routine looks like/how you organize your days!
(Also I hope you share photos of Max and Emilia with the holiday outfits!)
Um a million little things! Love! And that reveal! Jeez!! Not sure if I’m excited for this is us tonight though. I want to know more about Kate’s issues not as much about the war.
Also, cute holiday things for kids!! I have the same issue. I buy a lot of stuff online at discount sites that have the most adorable inventories. I’m not affiliated with these sites at all but I do check their stuff on the regular: http://www.screamingowl.com and http://www.lilybowpeep.com . Especially for little girl stuff!! It’s all so cute and inexpensive so you feel less bad that they wear it for 5 minutes.
1. I would love love to hear about your current routine/organization!
2. I have the Apple Watch 3 (GPS not cellular) and love it. I actually bought one last year on Black Friday, felt totally overwhelmed by it, and returned it. Then I ended up buying one again in June, and it was much easier to get used to than I thought. I love the workout information you get and amazon has tons of fun options for bands that are inexpensive. I thought I would feel constantly connected to my phone but I actually feel less connected bc I’m not constantly looking at it to see if I have messages (the watch vibrates to alert you). If I ever do get annoyed by it, I just put it do not disturb. I charge mine each night, but I am also not bothered by this as I just plug it in when I plug in my phone to charge. I highly recommend it! :)
Would love to hear your productivity/routine/schedule strategies! Feel like I’m “walking through molasses” in that department right now (gotta love big life transitions!).
Been excited to watch A Million Little Things and your comments just make me more eager…I need to start catching up!
I’m a therapist and I really like the “emotional cold” concept. Great analogy for something that most folks experience, with easy parallels for “treatment” (i.e. self care etc.). Definitely will use this with patients going forward! xx
I’ve had an Apple Watch for 3 years now and LOVE IT!! You will love it and wonder how you functioned without it. I have the velco (I don’t remember the official name) band right now and it’s been my favorite.
I love my Apple Watch!! I’ve been using it for 3 years now. I’m on my second watch and it still works great. I have the Velcro band now and it’s by far my favorite.
Yes to a planning post!
Yes, I would love your planning and productivity tips. I think I just went through an emotional cold, and when I came out of it, I reorganized my pantry! LOL! Can’t help you with the Apple Watch, but I love my Alta Fitbit! Thanks so much for sharing your TJ’s Cheese Board. I loved seeing what products you buy there because it can be overwhelming!!
Yes! Would love more day in the life / productivity / time management posts, tips, anything like that!
The Haunting of Hill House is REALLY good…though, I think it went a little off the rails in the last few episodes. I know we’re bending reality here because, hey, incredibly haunted house, but still…it bends it A LOT toward the end, in my opinion. (And this is coming from someone who believes in ghosts.) And, while there are definitely some creepy scenes and images, a lot of the series is about family dynamics and the secrets we keep, and how they affect everyone. Amazing acting, amazing characters. I binge-watched the entire season when I was home sick on Monday. I definitely recommend it, but if you’re someone who is easily bothered by disturbing images/death, this may not be the show for you.
Also, I stopped watching THIS IS US mid-last season. I couldn’t handle a complete emotional meltdown every week. It’s such a great show, but it’s just too MUCH with the feels. I still like to read recaps to know what the characters are doing, but, honestly, I feel a lot more emotionally stable now that I don’t subject myself to those storylines on a weekly basis, LOL.
I loved The Haunting of Hill House, even cried at the last episode. The majority of the show is about family dynamics, like CJ said. It does have some creepy parts, but it’s Netflix, so easy to fast forward over. It’s definitely not a jumping scary show, you kind of know it’s about to happen, so easy to find and skip. The rest of it is actually a really good show.
I have literally been scouring pinterest for trader joe’s cheese board ideas since last week!!!! Perfect timing!!
yes to all the planning/routine info i can get.
i have the last version of apple watch. it took me a LONG time to get it to where i wanted it. to many bings, not enough bings, missing messages, etc. do lots of googling and know it will take some time. at least it did with me. for me it was getting it set up with what i wanted alerted to and when/how. i cannot feel just the buzz i have to have the sound on.
Yes to the planning/routine info! I have a 4 month old and just went back to work. I am having THE WORST time trying to get into any sort of routine or planning during the week…I just want to collapse on the couch once she goes to sleep!
Also my daughter has about 5 Halloween outfits and 3 Thanksgiving outfits already…the addiction is real!
I’ve signed up twice to get your TJ’s cheeseboard info. Haven’t gotten it- is it supposed to take a few days?
Hi marcie!! it should come right away, did you check your junk or spam folder? :)
I checked the junk folder too, still nothing.
I checked my junk folder, nothin!
love love love ‘a million little things’!
the characters are so good together.
pre ordered my apple 4 and got it a week ago.
it is amazing for fitness tracking and just love
the look! got the stainless steel face w white
sports band. never cared to own one before
but def love this one.
First off, LOVE your blog! Second, I would love to read what you are doing to “get back on track”. I had a baby 6 months ago and actually immediately went down to 8 lbs over my pre-baby weight, then proceeded to gain 12 pounds cuz food tasted good again and I wanted all of it! And finally, I, too, am buying my baby all of the holiday onesies and play outfits. I can’t stop!
You must watch the Haunting of Hill House if for no other reason than, well, Michiel Huisman….
NO more This is US. NO The Haunting… Just no. This is Us is phenomenal acting, but I had to stop. It is just.too.much.for.me.
My emotional, internalizing self can’t hang with any of it!! Haha ;)
Jess – love the cheeseboard from Trader Joe’s! Where did you get your actual physical cheese board?
pumpkin chocolate cheesecake bar. is amazing idea .thanks