Cranberry White Chocolate Sticky Buns.
[This post of cranberry white chocolate sticky buns is sponsored by ALDI! So excited to share them with you!]
You guys! I am allll about the brunch this holiday season.
More about the brunch than I ever have been before. Last year we had an accidental holiday brunch and this year I’m planning on turning it into a regular thing. I’m pumped!
First on the agenda: sticky buns!
Cranberry white chocolate sticky buns to be exact. Doesn’t that sound like a fabulous holiday treat? This should be our breakfast every day in December.
I am so excited to be partnering with ALDI again for the holidays! You guys, I am immersed in a full blown ALDI obsession at the moment. The holiday treats? SO good. All of the things I need for my crazy days of holiday baking? Even better. Everything is there. I’m actually finding delicious things that I have trouble finding elsewhere (I’m looking at you roasted, salted macadamia nuts!).
For the sticky buns, I used everything from ALDI. I started our dough with the Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour and the Baker’s Corner Active Dry Yeast. I used the Bakers Corner Granulated Sugar as well as the White Baking Morsels. Brown Sugar – a given. They seriously have everything I need.
Let’s talk sticky buns. These babes are INSANE. There is so much holiday flavor right here.
We start with a classic sticky bun dough that is super delicious. It rises beautifully and is easily rolled and sliced. The filling is super special too.
We’ve got melted butter and sugar – of course. But then. We have a fresh cranberry compote that comes together fairly quickly, as well as white chocolate chips.
After the buns are rolled and sliced, we have a cranberry caramel (!!!!) that is spooned into the tins and gets all gooey and melty while the sticky buns bake.
The cranberry caramel is truly just a quick caramel sauce that is bubbled with fresh cranberries. But! The cranberries burst and the caramel becomes a slight pink color and, well… of course I am sold on that.
You’ll have extra caramel too and that goes right on top. Extra drizzles all around please!
The sticky buns are so easy because I made them in this Crofton Mega Bakeware muffin pan that is fit for a holiday crowd. This is PERFECT for baking! It fits 24 muffins, buns or cupcakes but it is one pan – so that means only one bake time. I absolutely love it. Um and it’s only $8.99! It’s in ALDI starting December 12th, and it’s also available in a 48 cup mini muffin pan (!!!), cake pan and cookie sheet.
My mind is still blown that ALDI has bakeware like this. It is super high quality. And they have other amazing kitchen tools too – last week I found a cheeseboard there?! It’s gorgeous! I’m pretty sure they are limited edition throughout the holidays, but get there and get it.
They are constantly introducing new products and every time I go, I swear I do a double take at the awesome household and food products that I find.
Now, who else is making sticky buns this weekend?!
Cranberry White Chocolate Sticky Buns
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baker’s Corner Active Dry Yeast
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 cup Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened and cut into pieces
- melted butter for brushing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup loosely packed Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup loosely packed Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner White Baking Morsels
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until just warm, around 105-110 degrees F. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Sprinkle the yeast overtop and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. Once foamy, whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of your electric stand mixer (I used the paddle attachment). Slowly add the milk mixture and mix on low speed until combined. Add the butter 1 piece at a time, beating until combined. Mix on medium-high speed for 5 minutes to knead the dough, it should be silky and smooth. Remove the dough and place it in an oiled bowl, then cover with plastic wrap. Let sit and double in size for 1 to 2 hours.
- While the dough is rising, make part of the filling. Add the cranberries, orange juice and granulated sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves then bring the mixture to a bubble – cook for 5 to 6 minutes as the cranberries begin to break down and the mixture thickens. Remove it from the heat to cool completely. You can even do this part ahead of time!
- Right before the dough is ready, make the cranberry caramel. Add the butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the sugar, cream, honey, cranberries and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until glossy and smooth – and the cranberries begin to burst. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let sit to thicken and cool slightly.
- Take the dough and roll it out on a floured surface into a large rectangle, about 18 x 12 inches or so. Brush the melted butter all over the dough. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over top. Add on the cranberry filling and gently spread it around. Sprinkle on the white baking morsels. Tightly roll the dough up from one of the long ends into a long log. Slice the ends off and discard them, then slice the log into 24 equal slices, about ½ inch thick. Place the rounds in the muffin pan, on top of the cranberry caramel. Brush with melted butter and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the buns, uncovered, for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and use a spoon to invert all of the muffins onto a serving tray or platter. Drizzle with the remaining cranberry caramel. Serve hot!
Say it again. Cranberry caramel!!