1. I wish this exact shade was the Pantone color of the year. It’s gorgeous and makes me so happy! I do love that they are giving hints to the shade. super fun.
2. OMG my heart. Netflix is adapting Roald Dahl stories!! They are some of the stories that made me fall in love with reading.
3. I’m a little obsessed with finding an emerald green dress for Christmas Eve. Or emerald green outfit. I’m so into it right now.
4. It’s definitely iced eggnog latte season and over the weekend, Lacy told me that you can get an eggnog frappuccino! I haven’t had a frappuccino in a million years, but we got one on a little holiday outing on Saturday and it was pretty good. Still prefer my iced eggnog latte, but it’s a treat if you need one. And no, I don’t love to drink eggnog! It’s a whole different story in coffee though.
5. So much TV stuff. A Million Little Things – my freaking heart! The end of This Is Us – just about killed me. Both were so good. Dirty John is so creepy and Eric Bana is great at scaring me too much to sleep. Eeep. As a side note, who has seen the new grinch? We’re taking Max tomorrow! And have you guys watched any Christmas Netflix movies? I am OBSESSED. I watched the Christmas Chronicles and loved it. I also watched the Holiday Calander and it was so cute too! Very Hallmark-esque.
6. Just adore Robin Roberts oh-so much.
7. May be a freak of nature but I love wrapping gifts. I put on Christmas movies, grab some wine or hot chocolate or something and wrap! Am I the only one? In fact, I love everything about this season.
8. If you’re looking for extra gift ideas, we’re offering Sweet Peas Meals gift cards again! They are the BEST gift for a busy young family.
9. And my friend Tracy also created these gorgeous food journals! They sold out instantly, but she is stocking more soon. I can’t wait to get one.
10. Time is going to fast, it just kills me. I realize that I say this over and over again but it’s such a shock to my system that I already have two kids. The past few nights Emilia has been waking up and I love going in there and rocking her and holding her. I wanted to sit there all night with her. Even though the stage of life is so exhausting I wouldn’t trade it for anything. So mushy but so true.
11. I recorded a podcast over at We Get to Know! I had multiple coughing fits during it and lost my mind while answering a few questions, so if you want me to be extra embarrassed, go listen!
12. This is my 387th Tuesday Things post. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.
20 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I got an emerald green dress at macys a few weeks ago. Granted, its more of a business suit type dress but i got a cream/gold jacket to put over it for a little pop and thats what i’ll wear to my work christmas party as well as midnight mass.
Can second this! I went last week and there are tons of holiday dresses! Great selection of Calvin Klein sheath dresses that are fashionable but still work appropriate. Bonus if you’re into the velour trend – they have some gorgeous reds, blues and purples too!
Your Tuesday Things are one of my favorite things about this blog. I look forward to them every week and read them over lunch. Thank you for always providing such great links and content. Oh, and yes to wrapping gifts! I enjoyed that last night while drinking tea :) Question though, do you put them under the tree before Christmas or on Christmas morning. I have a 2 1/2 year old and am torn!
Totally agree with you about babies waking up at night! My daughter still wakes 2-5x/night at 14 months old. I looooove it. I don’t care how exhausted I am..that’s what coffee is for :)
We took both of our kids to see the Grinch! My daughter is 5, son is 17 months. They both loved it, including my husband and me :) Such an adorable update. Even my son (who we assumed one parent would have to walk around the mall while the other parent enjoyed the movie) sat for almost the whole thing! Enjoy!
I ordered my ice coffee at Starbucks the other day and asked them to add eggnog to it. I was so good. Needed a little sweetening for me, I love eggnog and you are right it is perfect with coffee. Will definitely go over to listen to the podcast. I love listening to my favorite bloggers.
We all saw the Grinch (teens and adults) and loved it just as much as it appeared the little kids in the audience did.
Dirty John- SO GOOD
emerald green dress would be spectacular on you with your coloring! do it!
Tuesday Things are one of my faves! So glad you’ve kept up on them. LOVE
Girl, I LOVE wrapping! I do the exact same thing you do 😂 Movies, fireplace, cocoa or wine!!
Same! I have my own little tradition for wrapping gifts. I grab a bottle of wine, put on White Christmas, and end up as an island in a sea of wrapping paper and ribbon. It’s one of my favorite parts of the season.
3.) Balmain made an INNNNNNCREDIBLE emerald green holiday dress years ago… google “Balmain green sequin dress” and I hope you’ll love seeing it too :)
12.) WAHOO!!!! Please keep these posts coming, they’re always so fun.
I hear ya about the emerald green. I’m not ashamed to admit that my Perfect Christmas Outfit is probably that ivory lace top and green skirt that Ellen wears in National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
I found a gorgeous emerald green dress at Lord and Taylor’s this past weekend: https://www.lordandtaylor.com/betsy-adam-hi-lo-satin-gown/product/0500087631054?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302023685&R=749709491664&P_name=Betsy+%26+Adam&N=302023685+4294889857+4294884713+4294929416&bmUID=mtTWWao
Admittedly, it’s a little, um, MUCH for hosting Christmas Day at our house (which is a cottage and not a stately manor), and I of a decidedly non-flat chest couldn’t really rock that deep-V neckline *regretful sigh* but, I tell ya. It doesn’t get much better for me than this green dress. :-D (The red version is nothing to sneer at, either, really.)
I hope you find your emerald green dress for Christmas!!
I just saw this and thought of your post, it looks V short but I have no idea how y’all you are so maybe it would work?
Wrapping presents is the most soothing thing in the world. I have a plan to make a perfect manhattan, put on Home Alone and go at it. If it wasn’t 9am I would find a way to start right now.
Question about the sweet peas gift cards – will registration still be limited/not always open? So they may not be able to use the gift card for awhile? Or is there a set schedule for times registration will be open in 2019? Thanks!
This emerald green jumpsuit has been in my cart: https://www.lulus.com/products/let-me-entertain-you-forest-green-satin-wide-leg-jumpsuit/502792.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=502792&utm_campaign=PLA_jumpsuits&pla=1.
It’s super cute. I have been debating between that and a dress. I think the jumpsuit would look great on you.
love robin roberts and also love wrapping as long as im organized and have the time.
i do not think i will be seeing this new grinch. im jim carey grinch all the way.
Waw! lovely article thank you for sharing.
Pingback: Tuesday Things. | Best Food Ever
One of my coworkers who is a follower of yours asked me if I had read your Tuesday Things this week. She told me my love of wrapping gifts is clearly a Merchant family thing!
Almost 30 years ago I spent an entire month’s grocery budget on a sexy Betsey Johnson forest green crushed velvet mini dress for the holidays. It will never fit me again, but I still have it, and to this day it remains my favorite article of clothing that I’ve ever owned. Once in a great while I take it out of the closet, admire it, and reminisce to myself about the one magical night I wore it.