Sticky Sheet Pan Chicken with Pineapple Salsa.
Who else needs a fabulous sticky chicken recipe to add to your weeknight meal repertoire? *raises both hands*
Happy Monday! How are things? How was your weekend?
If you’re anything like me, you may be in desperate need of a good Monday night meal. Too many tacos and too much pizza this weekend if that could be a thing. Probably COULD be a thing, but shouldn’t be. Too much pizza and too many tacos are nevvver a sign of a bad weekend.
Also, I don’t think I’m supposed to include stuff like that in recipe posts anymore because the SEO gods say it’s terrible. But gosh, I am bored AF with all things SEO-related. And so bored with Instagram and I want to share other things and I mean, where is the REAL LIFE FUN?!
We actually had a few real like moments of fun this weekend because it was the first time that everyone was healthy in a few weeks! Whew, this last month has been a doozy. Felt like we hadn’t seen the sun or been outside in a full month. Which is so utterly cliche and ridiculous but it is what it is.
Okay so sticky chicken! I’m always looking for a good sticky chicken recipe and I’m pretty sure I’ve nailed it here. At least until I come up with a few new flavor combinations in another six months.
Story of my life.
But this! It has some honey and brown sugar! It’s required for that stickiness we all desire. Throw the chicken on a sheet pan and roast it with a few glazes of the sauce every now and then.
Once it comes out, top it with some pineapple salsa and you’re good. It’s super flavorful, has a hint of sweet and spice and is one of those recipes that will get you excited for chicken for dinner again. I ALWAYS need those. You know?
P.S. can we take a moment and remember when I had a full blown fruit salsa obsessed? I mean, clearly it is still here. But it was real in 2011.
I have lots of great side dishes to serve with this sticky chicken recipe – my go-tos are probably these sweet and spicy brussels sprouts or this spicy roasted broccoli, along with something simple like this grilled corn tomato salad once the warm season really kids in.
The best part is that it’s very versatile and you can obviously switch up the fruit in the salsa too.
Even though it’s just the start of spring and still a bit chilly, this is a recipe that makes you FEEL like it’s warm out. It brings summer vibes to your kitchen table but you can totally make it any time of year. It’s great as a stand alone dish or as something to add to a big dinner spread. Win win win.
I keep typing WINE which means it’s time to go get some.
Sheet Pan Sticky Chicken Recipe with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pound boneless,skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks
- 1 shallot, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken thighs and drumsticks on the sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder on both sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, sugar and vinegar. Brush the mixture on the chicken – you will have some leftover, but just brush one layer on before roasting.
- Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, brush on more of the sauce and roast for 10 more minutes. Brush or spoon on any remaining sauce and roast for 15 more minutes, or until the inside temperature registers at 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken and serve immediately with the pineapple salsa.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir. You can make this ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge so the flavors marry. It stores well in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
The caramely goodness gets me.