Cashew Blue Cheese Dip.
I did a thing. A cashew blue cheese dip thing.
A sure fire way to get me to eat a (few) raw veggies is to conveniently place them near a vat of blue cheese dip.
Potato chips too. Crackers. Pretzels. Heck, just add pickles to that list. I freak over blue cheese!
Last night I made grilled gorgonzola potatoes and I’m still dreaming of them. And you should probably definitely absolutely make this pizza.
I am in LOVE with cashew-based dips. I love how rich they can be, I love the mild, nutty flavor and I find them to be so easy and portable for snacking. And I realize that cashew dips are usually a cheese substitute buuuut…. of course I went and ADDED cheese to mine. Sorry?! Looking on the bright side here, there is a lot less dairy than usual. So maybe that helps.
Anyway! The blue cheese + cashew combo is ridiculously delish. Speaking of! I have a recipe for avocado blue cheese dressing in Seriously Delish. That… is beyond.
And this dip is so easy to make. The worst part is remembering to soak the cashews overnight. But otherwise, through everything into your food processor and blend it up until creamy. Veggies, crackers and chips dipped in this?
I am officially DEAD!
It’s so incredible that I can’t stand it.
The flavor is a little less tangy than most blue cheese dips. And you may need to slightly adjust your salt and lemon spritz due to the exact blue cheese you get. (And the level of moldy flavor? Ha.)
But it’s super simple – just keep tasting and adding a bit as you go!
Sidebar: last week I polled you guys on Instagram because I could not decide between the blue and white backgrounds for this photo. I tend to only use dark blue backgrounds in the fall. And I obviously shoot on white all the time! But something about these colors against the blue? They were just so gorgeous. Everything pops! Almost 75% of you said blue.
I *think* that I prefer the blue more too. Of course, I have to be wishy-washy about it. WHYYY.
But I also love the white! It’s more my style and feels much more spring-y to me. So I included them both like the psychotic indecisive soul that I am. ENJOY!
Add a glass of chilled rosé or sauvignon blanc and you’re set.
Cashew Blue Cheese Dip
Blue Cheese Cashew Dip
- 1 ½ cups whole raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 2 hours
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese, I like gorgonzola! Pick your favorite!, plus extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra for topping if you wish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ lemon juiced
- pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- pinch of salt
- an array of your favorite spring vegetables, for dipping!
- Drain the cashews from liquid they were soaking in. Place the cashews in the food processor and pulse and blend until they are broke down and starting to become smooth.
- Add in the blue cheese crumbles, nutritional yeast and garlic. Blender until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as you go. As a note, I love how cheesy nutritional yeast tastes, but if you don’t have it, you can leave it out!
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Blend until combined. Taste again and add more salt and pepper if desired. If you’d like the dip thinner, you can blend in 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or milk!
- Serve the dip with an extra sprinkle of blue cheese and chives or dill on top. Serve with your favorite veggies, chips or crackers!
When they look like this, I could eat them every day.