1. I’ve been working on putting together our summer reading list (already! I know!) but in the meantime, have a few leftover from winter. I just started This Is How It Always Is.
2. What is this madness?! Chicken alfredo waffle fries.
3. A few of you have requested a Trunk Club update! The first box was okay. I only ended up keeping one shirt, but that’s mainly because the things sent to me were SO wintery (like a very warm cardigan? I’m in Spring mode!) and then I didn’t love the fit of the jeans. I gave tons of detailed feedback so I’m hoping they get better as we go. Still love regular old shopping over this though.
4. Oh and I cannot get on board with this clear shoe trend. I just can’t do it. And I love heels. But I don’t want clear straps or shoes.
5. How Brene Brown gets it done. I love her.
6. I actually watched the GOT battle on Sunday night because I couldn’t help it! I rewatched it with Eddie last night too. I can’t imagine being invested in the show because I had anxiety about everyone. How did they even film this? I read that it took 55 nights? Incredible. I also LOVED the Billions episode. Can’t believe Wendy is cracking, haha.
7. Also I fiiiiinally watched the RBG documentary on a flight last Friday night after wanting to watch it forever. I was both laughing out loud and crying right there on the plane. It was so incredible and if you haven’t seen it, you must!
8. The instagram aesthetic is over. Is it?
9. Okay it’s official! Doing my 50th peloton ride Wednesday morning, woohoo! Riding live at 7am with Ally if you want to join!
17 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
RBG documentary is everything!!!
i hope the IG aesthetic is over. do less. everyone just do less.
hahaha DO LESS
This is How It Always Is …. so so sooooo good. Highly recommend The Last Romantics as well.
i am loving it!!
You have to read Bad Blood…the Theranos book. It’s so good even if you don’t think you’ll be into that sort of non-fiction read. I couldn’t put it down!
Yay for 50 rides! I’ll try to join
omg I def want to read it! I’ve listened to the dropout podcast and watched the HBO doc – it’s so interesting.
RBG was sooo good. I love her.
I hope insta aesthetics are over. I have found myself unsubscribing to a lot of things lately because I am tired of the same old.
I am also boycotting clear shoes. I think I already did that trend when I was in elementary school with jellies.
haha jellies for the win!!
4.) Wait… so you never wore jellie shoes or anything like that in the 90s?! Those are the only clear shoes I ever liked (I had an epic jellie shoe collection as a kid, if I may say so myself. I even had a pair of green platform jellie shoes; and in the clear chunky heel, there was a mini Statute of Liberty and glitter, like a snowglobe. No, I’m NOT making this up. I was the coolest preteen, hahahahahaha ;) ). But yeah, if you mean nowadays, I’m not wearing clear shoes (unless I’m going as Cinderella for a costume ball or Halloween).
omg i LOVED jelly shoes! i’ve already bought emilia a pair, haha. but yes i mean the ones that are more like a chunky heel with 2 clear straps. eek.
The Instagram aesthetic may be over for the curated lifestyle genre, but I do not think this applies to the food world. Beautiful food photography is what makes us want to try an interesting recipe, it is how we discover new ingredients. You eat with the eyes first you know?
omg yes totally agree, can’t even imagine if everyone started posting dark food photos on IG, haha.
What is RGB
the ruth bader ginsburg documentary! it takes you through her life from the start and is so insanely inspiring.
Eeek I heard your shout out on Alley’s ride!!! How awesome.
Thanks for the RBG rec. I’m getting on a united flight home monday and i think i saw it on the list on my arrival flight.
and no to clear shoes. i just cant help but think hooker ? i know its supposed to be cool…but…
As for trunk club i did it a few times but they never seemed to listen to my feedback and i had a different person every time which is exactly the opposite of what they advertise. I also asked many times for more affordable pieces and they sent things like $300+ black pants or $65 black tights. To me that’s just to much for those items. i did get one sweater i liked and 1 pair of shoes but that was out of like 3 or 4 boxes so i just didnt order a new one for a while. i was recently thinking of trying it again.
haha tara i love your comments so much!! yes, i watched RGB on a united flight so it should still be on there! and i’m afraid that might happen to me with trunk club. we shall see!