Superfood Jam and Peanut Butter Cups.
Peanut butter and jelly cups are definitely the way to my heart right now.
It’s no secret that I am obsessed (!!!) with the chocolate peanut butter combination. It might be my favorite combo on earth and it’s just something that I’m always in the mood for. Chocolate chips sprinkled on a peanut butter spoon? HELLO. My lifeline.
Peanut butter and jelly is another story. I don’t go wild for it ALLLL the time but I do love it occasionally.
And let’s be real – the jelly or jam in this situation? Is the real deal breaker. It MAKES the recipe.
Eddie is all about grape jam. I loathe grape jam. My brothers loved it growing up and it was all we had in the house, so I basically boycotted PB&J after kindergarten.
These days, there are multiple strawberry jams in the fridge, all for me! My SIL got me into red raspberry jam too.
It’s verrrrry good.
However. You know my love for American Spoon – and one of their best flavors is the triple berry jam. It’s SO good. And when I returned home from our michigan vacation this summer, these peanut butter and jelly cups were one of the first things I made.
I was craving peanut butter cups and wanted to make a homemade version. I’ve done it before – multiple times – and have even used cashew butter and quinoa before! The texture is EVERYTHING.
Right now, the kids are loving PB + J and I saw the jar of triple berry jam on the counter… and went for it. OH MYLANTA. It was delish.
Then the next week, I made more. But in true Jessica fashion I wanted texture and crunch, so I threw in hemp hearts, chocolate covered chia seeds and goji berries. I added some on top too.
These are the best. They are embarrassingly easy. But they make us horrifyingly happy. And I mean, peanut butter and jelly cups are such a fun treat to make at home. Max was ridiculously excited to scoop some peanut butter into the cup.
Plus, it’s such a weird two weeks here in between seasons, and I’m more or less on the easy weeknight meals/after school snack train right now, trying to hang on before I throw nutmeg and squash and apple cider into every aspect of my life.
And I feel a leeeeettle better about making them myself, because I know exactly what goes inside them and they came out of my kitchen! Fun and fancy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
Superfood Jam and Peanut Butter Cups
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (I do 30 seconds on 50% power a few times, stirring after each time, and stirring until melts) or a double boiler. Stir in the coconut oil until it melts.
- Line a muffin tin with liners. Place about 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into the liners and brush it up along the sides with a pastry brush. Let the chocolate set (or you can place it in the fridge or freezer to set quickly).
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter into the chocolate liners. Add a teaspoon or 2 of the jam on top. Add a sprinkle of the chia, hemp and goji berries. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer to set for 20 minutes or so. Once set, spoon the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter/jam, finishing off the cups. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining chia, hemp and goji berries. Place the pan back in the fridge to set for another 20 minutes.
- I love to store these in the fridge or freezer - they are the best snack!
- As a note, feel free to add more or less peanut butter or jam depending on your preferences!
I mean, I want to snuggle up in there!