1. I was never really a pop tart kid (I mean, why couldn’t the frosting go all the way to edges?!) but these homemade ones from Ted’s Bulletin may turn me into one.
2. Losing it over these blackened shrimp tacos on pink tortillas! It’s taco Tuesday after all.
3. GUYS. My Target still doesn’t have fall decor out on the shelves! I mean there are a few pumpkins, but not much. I’m actually stunned. And sort of happy that the rush has seemed to slow down? I swear last year the stuff was out in August.
4. Absolutely dying over these people who accidentally texted their boss. SO much anxiety reading those.
5. TV things! So The Affair is crazy to me but I am weirdly hooked. And I really want Noah/Helen together which is horrible of me. The previews for a Million Little Things look amazing too. Can’t wait!
6. Have you seen the previews for Joker with Joaquin Phoenix? It looks crazy good to me. And that says a lot because I’ll never get over Heath Ledger’s joker character. Loved him so much.
7. 25 women on their first big break.
8. Tell me: if I were to start filming (more professional!) videos for you often, what kind of videos would you like?! Halp me, I’m indecisive.
9. On finding a life balance and work burnout. It’s so good.
10. I am this many years old. DYING.
16 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
#6 = yes!!!!!
When you say “more professional” do you mean quality or content?
meaning the video shoots! like not being shot with my iphone. :)
I love your candid videos! But it would definitely be fun to see some staged videos. Maybe on pantry organization, how to apply makeup, your favorite fall looks, meal prep tips.
Burnout is covered really well in the book High-Octane Women: How Superachievers Can Avoid Burnout. I skimmed quite a large portion of the book but the burnout sections – and the recovery part – really got me.
My oldest kiddo is starting school next fall, so I am definitely tuned into videos about people’s morning routines, what do you feed your kids for breakfast, packed lunch ideas, etc.
I feel like I’d want more staged videos on techniques, how to flip food in a pan (I know it’s ridiculous I haven’t figured this out), how to time a multi-course dinner as far as how to know when to cook which thing, etc. I’m also a really visual learner, especially for baking which is definitely my weak spot.
And I always appreciate a good “Day in the Life” :)
Are you going to Target this weekend for all the ” Re-newed” designer stuff?
I know IG is going the way of videos, but I don’t care about or watch videos, only IG stories. I also hate when they autostart on a blog/website when I’m following a recipe. I’m not sure what the point of them is? They’re too fast to follow along with and not entertaining enough to watch someone pour a bunch of ingredients in a bowl and stir them up (if you’re talking about the overhead views) and I don’t have time to watch even a 5 minutes video of someone is explaining a recipe. Just sharing my two cents!
Also, totally with you on the pop tart filling. I’m not big on chocolate but I liked the smore ones, but it always bothered me that it had two lines of chocolate plus chocolate frosting and only one line of marshmallow. More mallow!!!
i totally feel you on IG. like 98% of me just wants to go and post my real life on IG feed now anyway!
I’m not normal, I’m glad the frosting doesn’t go to the edges of Pop-Tarts as I prefer the unfrosted parts! I’ve looked for the unfrosted brown sugar cinnamon at the store recently but I can never seem to find them these days.
Have you watched the Bon Appetit YouTube videos of Gourmet Makes? Claire just made homemade Pop-Tarts about a month ago! You should watch!
I think we all LOVED your 12 days of Christmas videos a couple of years ago. That style was a lot of fun to watch :) But let’s face it – I think all of us love basically everything you post so…. :P
3. Also yes! 😫
The Ted’s Bulletin ones are okay. We had liked the blueberry filling but to have the smore’s crust, then it would be great!
Hi there! I would love to see more “cooking” videos and maybe a peek into your pantry! Thank you! LOVE your blog. It’s the first email I click on every morning!
Hi Jessica: I’m located north of you in Western New York. The Target stores here haven’t had anything much for fall either. I’m sort of surprised you don’t frequent Home Goods. They’ve been loaded with fall and Halloween decorations for the past few weeks and their prices are great. I loaded up – as usual. I guess I’m in the minority – I actually like being able to buy seasonal decorations in advance – it allows me to plan out what I’m doing so I can turn to seasonal cooking and try lots of new recipes.
omg same with my Target!!! My son is equally obsessed with holiday decor and we made a special trip last weekend to get some fall/halloween stuff and only had the candy out! what the heck! I’m a super supporter of all the fall stuff being put out early…totally stalking my Target until it arrives!