Cheesy Smoked Chicken Pesto Dip.
This pesto chicken dip is going to change your weekends!
If you’re in major football mode like I am, then you need a good dip.
Right? It’s dip season after all.
I have lots of them here on the blog (I’m looking at you, white pizza dip) but am obviously always searching out new ones. Especially for this time of year, when it’s still super hot outside and we’re craving summer flavors. Yet, everyone wants potluck-like tailgate recipes.
While this dip is definitely a comfort food, it has a bit of summer swirl in to it. In my eyes, that definitely counts.
P.S. if you’re making out this outside of the summer, say, like, mid-January? Then totally use whatever you’ve got or can find in terms of ingredients. I mean, it might sound like a good idea when you’re snowed in.
This feels so old-school to me; like a dip I would have posted ten years ago! It’s one of those dishes that you can bring to a potluck and it will be devoured. It’s one where you think you will just have a bite or two and end up scraping the bottom of the dish with a baguette slice or cracker.
It’s one where EVERYONE ends up asking for the recipe and one where you will find yourself making it over and over.
Those are the recipes I live for.
This dip contains lots of delicious late summer things, like the end of the tomatoes and your own pesto. It gets mixed up with smoked cheddar, cream cheese and shredded chicken – AND a dash of liquid smoke.
That’s the kicker! Everything else may taste a leeeettle smoky with the cheese, but that liquid smoke is the key. I’ve been loving it lately!
Pesto chicken dip is like a last late summer hug. Tastes a little bit like your garden and a lot like indulgence. You’re going to loooovvvve it.
Pesto Chicken Dip
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 ounces smoked cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- ¼ to 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- baguettes, chips or crackers for serving
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, grated cheese and garlic. Stir until combined and the cheeses are thoroughly mixer. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, chicken, pesto, salt, pepper and liquid smoke. If you want more pesto flavor, stir in a little more!
- Scoop the mixture into a 8-inch pie plate or baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the dip is bubbly and golden on top.
- Serve immediately with baguette slices, chips or crackers.
Save me all the crackers.