1. Freaking out over these cereal milk cinnamon rolls.
2. I mentioned this on instagram last week, but some years I am not in a decorating mood until December and others I am in one come November 1. This year, I am READY. I want to decorate for Christmas EVERYWHERE and make it a magical Christmas wonderland.
3. The one thing I don’t have done is any Christmas shopping, but I never do. I love the hustle and bustle of the season. However, my amazon cart is full just waiting for me to push a button!
4. How to drink your coffee without any sweetener. Guys I need this.
5. TV things! Guys I’m actually still reeling from the finale of The Affair. I loved a Million Little Things too but am wary about the DNA results, right? And I watched the new Rob Lowe/Kristen Davis holiday movie on Netflix too. It was so cute!
6. If you follow along with my beauty posts, you know I got a La Mer mini sample size during the sephora sale. Guys, I put it on my face and it is so thick that it felt like I was rubbing diaper rash cream all over my face. Insanity.
7. This is so good: why being organized is the best thing I did for my life.
8. We’ve reached a stage in this house where the kids are ganging up on us. Max and Emilia are now being sneaky TOGETHER, like yesterday I found him sitting on the dining room table, digging into the last of Emilia’s birthday cake and sharing it with her. It was kind of hilarious?
9. The best news of the season: Max asked me to play the “naughty dog christmas song” and I was like what? He meant Feliz Navidad. It’s been his favorite song for two years but this year, he thinks that’s how it goes.
12 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
SO funny about the La Mer! I went to an event with some of their staff one time, and they said it’s actually so important to follow the application instructions to make the La Mer work for you! You’re supposed to warm it up between your fingers then gently pat it on. It definitely helps it not feel so thick!
No. 6 – like in a good way??? lol
I so need to talk about The Affair with someone. I thought the whole season was a weird #MeToo mess, especially all that future business. But I felt the last episode redeemed the whole season.
I searched reddit after the finale I just had to read more about it. Felt like the whole season never mattered/happened? And Joanie? What was the point of her? I liked the story line but didn’t see a point to her I guess?
Like Jess said above, you really do have to follow the proper application method for La Mer! Warm it thoroughly by pressing it between your fingertips and then PRESS it into your skin. It’ll make a huge difference.
Don’t use the regular La Mer cream. It is crazy thick and so hard to apply…..BUT you will love the soft creme. Oh my gosh I am shamefully terrible at “taking care of” my skin (if that means using a bunch of things), but I’ve used this soft creme consistently for 8 years and I ALWAYS, and I mean always get comments about how good my skin looks. Maybe I’m just lucky, I don’t know, but it is the only thing I use. So I’m afraid to quit. Try the soft creme!! When I get the small jars of the thicker stuff I use on areas that demand that heavier cream.
Naughty Dog Christmas Song! OMG just died. lol
as for them being sneaky together… YES. my brother and i were always sneaky together (we are a couple of years apart) . However, 90% of the time I was the one that got in trouble because I’m the oldest and it was either ‘you should know better’ or ‘you must have instigated’ He almost always got away with everything. Can you tell i’m still bitter? bahahahaha.
The Affair.. after feeling like this season was mostly unnecessary.. I loved the finale!
also a card carrying member of the bitter older sisters club :) “you have to be the example” why because i’m 4 and he’s 2 ? clearly i am not capable to raise a child !
you’ll be fine raising a child! But you will never bot be slightly bitter LOL
Okay, I’ve read your blog forever and love your skincare posts. You always mention how dry your skin is. I live in CO, and have crazy dry skin but thick lotion messes up my skin so it’s been a battle. I’ve recently been trying to switch to natural stuff and found Mother Dirt products. I didn’t love a few of them, but I like their message. Anyways, even if you DON’T like their “put bacteria on your face” idea, they have a moisturizer for your face that’s like a clear oil. It doesnt have the bacteria in it I don’t think, but it’s super simple and natural. ANYWAYS I love this stuff and will order it until it’s no longer available. It aborbs into your skin and it is the ONLY thing that has helped my dry, dry, sad skin on my face. They also offer refunds when you’re not satisifed without having to send it back, which says a lot to me as a customer. just FYI!
That’s hilarious about the naughty dog!
“Naughty dog Christmas song” made me laugh SO MUCH, I snorted. Now I’m gonna think of that EVERY time I hear that song this season!! LOL!!!!