1. Look at this crisp gingerbread cookie tree! OMG.
2. I know we all go through phrases with food. Well, I made buffalo chicken dip this weekend and I’ve been craving it ever since. We were hooked on the dip ten years ago, but I really burned out on it. Now, I can’t stop thinking about it. Weird how that happens.
3. Is anyone else freaking out about how quickly the month is going and already sad to take down decorations even though it won’t happen for (at least) another 15 days? Welcome to my life.
4. TV things! Okay, so I watched Virgin River on Netflix. I LOVE IT. OMG, I got so hooked. It was like a Hallmark movie but with a little more… drama and darkness? I was into it. And guess what? I started binging The Americans… finally. I KNOW. You guys told me to start it years ago. I started while wrapping presents and here I am, sucked in bigtime. Think I can binge it all over Christmas? I won’t sleep a wink.
5. Oh and guys? I watched a Marriage Story and… didn’t love it. I mean, I like Adam Driver and the cast. It was just so so depressing and sad and hard for me to watch! I’ve become so annoying since I had kids – I only want to watch happy junk.
6. At the same time, I’m ready to spend this entire rest of the season lost in books! I really want to start Regretting You. What are you reading right now?
7. Yesterday I made all my cookie doughs and today I’m going to bake like a maniac!
8. As I was prepping the dough, all I could think about was how I wish I had photos of when my grandma and I would do those long baking days together! That’s the best part of having the camera on our phones – capturing the most casual moments that I want to look at later.
9. Love this: just save some parties for January!
19 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Now I want some Buffalo chicken dip! I probably haven’t had it in ten years! Time to bring it back! :)
Regretting You was soooooo good. I binged it in a night on my Kindle app on my phone- and I have a baby and had to be up for work at 5 the next day- it’s that good!
I loved The Dutch House. The audio version is narrated by Tom Hanks.
Loving Virgin River, too! And also found Marriage Story dull and depressing.
Will have to look into The Americans!
Love Virgin River! More than I expected to. Made PB Blossom cookies, no flour recipe and they are FLAT. Taste great, but no shape. Womp womp.
did you put in some baking powder ?
i have to be GF now so i make them with no flour but putting in some baking powder helps puff them a little bit !
If you loved Virgin River (and how could you not), did you watch Heart of Dixie from 2011??? Similar plot, SAME GRUMPY DOCTOR. Both are excellent!! :)
That’s EXACTLY what I thought immediately too about the Heart of Dixie similarities!
Yes on #9! My work holiday party is always in late January/early February and it’s so nice to not have to cram it in and to have something to look forward to after the holidays!
The Americans is sooooo good! I’m glad that you’re enjoying it.
Let me know what you think of “regretting You” when you are finished. I read her book Verity and think it turned me off from reading anything else by her. While Verity wasn’t the darkest book I’ve ever read, something about it I just could NOT get behind. It left me feeling a little sick.
I’m sure you may have read this one or had it suggested to you, but “Save Me the Plums” about the final years of Gourmet Magazine is an easy read with the most delicious writing.
I couldn’t do a Marriage Story,,,just too slow and dismal. I recently started the Americans, as EVERYONE told me I HAD to….I am so, so on it…….some episodes are great, others are just ok. Apparently it gets amazing in season 3. And yes to Virgin River! Loving it, but it feels like one of those shows that are maybe too simple, yet I still love it. LOL
I am just about to finish Something In The Water by Catherine Steadman. I found it to be a page turner, although predictable. Will check out Regretting You right now. :)
Yes to the Americans!! It’s a commitment because there are so many seasons, but it was so riveting and well done! It was my workout show for about 6 months. So glad I binged that before I got my Peloton and lost TV/workout time!
LOVE Virgin River! Hope is driving insane though LOL
LOL i live in the Akron area and have never done Polar Express. It is insane how people are waiting by their phones to get tix before they sell out. a lot of people seem to really love it.
Completely agree on the Marriage Story. I kept expecting it to get better. It didn’t. I want that time back!
I am so hooked on Virgin River! Loved it… Season 2 coming in Sept!
Omg buffalo chicken dip is a true throwback!! Can’t believe it’s been 10 years since it was at its peak but it def has been. I also feel like it’s SUCH a Jan/Feb food (because of the Super Bowl) so the time for it is nigh.
I just finished The Goldfinch and it was so good! pretty big (700+ pages) but I could not put it down.