Loaded Chicken Wing Dip with Beer Caramelized Onions.
This wing dip is sponsored by ALDI! I’m so excited to be working with them to bring you some amazing dishes this year!
It’s dip season! And I am here for you with this loaded wing dip!
Oh my gosh you guys. This app right here is chock-full of EVERYTHING you want to eat (and share!) for the Big Game. Gooey, melty cheese, juicy shredded chicken, three sauces, beer caramelized onions (!!) – seriously everything. I’m pumped!
Today I’m partnering with ALDI again to bring you a deeeelish spread just in time for the Big Game! They have seriously everything you need for an incredible game spread. Not only am I sharing this fabulous dip, but also a few of their new dreamy hummus and salsa varieties. Oh and their ready-to-go wings! So good, and they come with extra sauce.
My obsession with ALDI is going wild and I’m happy to report that I brought home a huge haul from there on Sunday. I found every.single.thing. I needed for the week plus for this recipe. Woohoo!
p.s. If you need any ideas for a spread, check out the incredible tailgate football food spread I made all with ingredients from ALDI!
So the dip. THE DIP!
First, I cooked a few Never Any! Fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts from ALDI and chopped them up. I love this recipe because you can make the chicken and use it in the dip, use leftover chicken from dinner or use a rotisserie chicken. You really can’t go wrong!
Oh my word. I am such a lunatic for this dip! The flavor is unreal. It’s more flavorful than just about any other chicken dip I’ve tried.
See, it’s no secret that I’m a buffalo chicken freak. And if you noticed over the holidays, I made the classic dip (after a 10 (or so) year hiatus!) and fell in love again. It was a weird craving that materialized and everyone else in my family was here for it. We burned out on buffalo chicken dip after making it nonstop in the early 2000s, so bringing it back for a night (or, um, and entire holiday) was a delicious surprise.
Then I realized that I love BBQ as much, if not more than, buffalo wing flavors. And I’ve made BBQ chicken dip before, but it wasn’t until someone at our party asked me about it that I considered… combining the two. Yes. Combining them.
And then adding the other things that we have with wings, so maybe a little smokiness? A little honey mustard? Plus blue cheese and ranch, like usual. Then, trashing it up more with beer caramelized onions! I used the Wernesgrüner Pilsner from ALDI to caramelize and the flavor is over the top.
Oh boy, this is just getting good.
If I didn’t loathe celery so much, maybe I’d even chop that up and throw it in the dip for you too. Alas, I saved it as a dipper. But seriously? We have ALL THE FLAVORS here. Can I just call it ALL THE FLAVORS dip?
Because that sounds appropriate.
Let’s go through the wing dip spread!
Front and center, we have the warm, melty, cheesy dip that is divine. I like to serve this with both the Clancy’s Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips and the Savoritz Sea Salt Pita Crackers. There’s a little something for everyone!
Along with that, a few dips. The Park Street Deli Avocado Salsa is refreshing and wonderful. It’s great as a dip on its own but also delish on tacos, salads and bowls! The Park Street Deli Buffalo Hummus complements the dip here so well. It’s smooth and creamy – perfect for when you want that buffalo flavor but don’t have enough time (or, friends to eat it with you!) to make a big dip like this.
My favorite is the Park Street Deli Jalapeno Lime Hummus. Oh it’s just amazing! It bright but creamy, light but with a touch of heat. Everyone loves this one. It’s amazing on wraps or sandwiches too!
All of these delish snacks – the Park Street Hummuses, Park Street Salsas and Park Street Wings, along with the Clancy’s Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips can be found at Aldi for a limited time! Run and go get them!
Because Eddie loves all things wings, I grabbed a few of the Park Street Deli Wings. These are SO GOOD. They come ready to eat – all you have to do is heat them up. I loved the maple BBQ ones so much.
These extra bites are the perfect things to add to a spread with a hot and bubbly dip!
Now run run run and get all the flavors.
Loaded Wing Dip
Loaded Wing Dip with Beer Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup Wernesgrüner Pilsner
- 2 Never Any! Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 8-ounce blocks Happy Farms Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 8-ounce block Reserved Aged Cheddar, freshly grated
- 1 8-ounce bag Happy Farms Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for topping
- ¼ cup Burman’s Hot Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup Burman’s BBQ Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- ½ cup honey mustard, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- Park Street Deli Buffalo Hummus
- Park Street Deli Jalapeno Lime Hummus
- Park Street Deli Avocado Salsa
- Clancy’s Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- Savortiz Pita Chips
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Heat a large skillet over low heat and add the butter. Add the sliced onions with the salt and pepper and stir. Cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the pilsner and cook, stirring often, until the onions caramelize, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, almost all the cheese (I save a handful for topping the dip!), the hot sauce, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch and blue cheese. You can use an electric hand mixer to combine things more if needed! Once combined, stir in the caramelized onions and the shredded chicken. Spread the mixture in a baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese. Add on another drizzle of BBQ sauce, buffalo and honey mustard.
- Bake the dip for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly and hot. Serve immediately with carrot sticks, celery sticks, crackers and chips.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Give me all the flavors!
16 Comments on “Loaded Chicken Wing Dip with Beer Caramelized Onions.”
MMMMMM! I’m excited to make this – one of the bars near me does a hot sauce/BBQ wing (that is fried and then tossed on the grill) that is delicious!
that sounds so good!
I need this in my life asap! Chicken wing anything is my love language!
Pingback: Loaded Chicken Wing Dip with Beer Caramelized Onions. – cookise.info
We don’t have Aldi out here, sad face. : (
Can you tell me how much reserved aged cheddar & Happy Farms sharp cheddar cheese you used?
sorry about that robin!! i used 8 ounces of each :)
Oh love this. Going to have to make it Vegetarian style but it looks sooooo dang good.
definitely loaded and in a good way, a very nice dip, thank you
Pingback: Wing Dip - Loaded Buffalo, BBQ and Honey Mustard Wing Dip - Cravings Happen
This sounds amazing!! I’ve made a buffalo chicken dip and a chicken enchilada dip, but I’m definitely trying your additions here next time!! Yum.
Pingback: Blue Cheese BBQ Gouda Cheese Dip
Do you have any suggestions on making this vegetarian? Wondering if I should put something else in the recipe in place of the chicken. Some kind of veggie or bean? Not sure. Any ideas?
This was sooooo tasty for our Super Bowl party. Thank you!