1. Guys. Yesterday I accidentally ordered six BAGS of limes instead of six actual limes. Halp me. Max asked me what I’m going to do with “all those green lemons.” I just about died. Oh, by the way, I now have 72 limes.
2. If this is was a chocolate quinoa cake looks like, I’m in.
3. Emilia’s latest escapade this past week was finding a bottle of my self tanning drops and covering herself in them. The things she manages to do in .2 seconds…
4. I love these work hacks! I’ve used time batching for years and it has changed how I do so many things in my life.
5. TV things! So last week I watched This Is Us (I’m into it right now and very invested in Kevin/Sophie), Grey’s (can’t stand the current storyline(s), and a Million Little Things (best.show.ever. but stop with Gary and Maggie. Now it’s like… I’m over it.) Also, who is ready for Homeland to come back? Honestly it’s been so long that I almost don’t care, so they better knock it out of the park.
6. Thoughts on the Super Bowl half time?! I loved it but I’ve always been a diehard J Lo fan. GOALS.
7. Would you name your child after a fictional character? After I read this, I thought about it… I would be okay naming from a book, but probably not a TV series. And I don’t know why.
8. One of my all-time favorite comfort foods is honey nut cherries and bananas. Not pizza or cake – cereal with bananas! It’s one of Eddie’s too and we go through months of never buying it, then we get a box and all bets are off.
9. Here are 78 new emotions. This made me laugh.
17 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Sounds like limeade, margaritas and guac is in your future!! Also lime curd? Lime bars? Lime sortbet? … more margaritas?
re: the limes- make salsa! freeze it! green salsa has a lot of lime juice in it. Also, margaritas.
One word: margaritas.
Girl! Get going on a key lime pie! Or freeze the juice in ice cube trays? I know, I know, a lot of work…
You should juice all the limes and freeze for summer margaritas!
thanks for the work hacks. “Being productive is about more than managing your time — it’s about managing your energy. It’s smarter to reserve more complex tasks for when you feel your most focused, and the
mindless ones for when you feel drained”
i never thought about it this way but its so true. this explains why i can never get my closet cleaned out. my urge to throw things out and organize seems to never come during hours in which i am home ! i stick with the fact that i am a night owl in an early bird world…and it is challenging. not sure why everyone cant just change to my way ??? LOL
You can freeze citrus. Microwave when you need fresh lime juice for a recipe. They get really juicy that way.
Fun fact, I was named after Caitlin Davies a fictional character (played by Sheena Easton) in the TV show Miami Vice. But it’s not very distinctive because there had always been plenty of other Caitlins around.
Also this post reminds me I really NEED to watch that halftime show – I’m so behind in everything rn.
You should watch Virgin River on Netflix! So good! Sophie from This is Us is the main character.
i watched it over christmas! LOVED IT
Pingback: Tuesday Things. – BareKichen
Freeze, yes freeze, the limes. When you want to use 1, take it out of freezer + heat in microwave. 20 – 30 seconds at a time. It works!
Zest the limes into sugar and make lime sugar to use in lime pound cakes, margarita cookies, and to rim your cocktail glasses.
And, seriously, margarita cookies. Limey, tequilayummywow and beautiful, with an edge of coarse salt, lime zest and sugar.
They’re one of the best things EVER.
So much I love in today’s post! Narrowing it down to two:
6) I love, love, loved the halftime show!!! I do Zumba, and we dance to a lot of Shakira and JLo songs, so I was super excited when I learned they were doing the show. I thought the whole thing was spectacular — great energy, great performance, great music, great everything. It was a pure entertainment! I also loved that they sang a bit of their Spanish language songs since, in my opinion, their Spanish songs are better than their English ones. Can we bring them back for next year’s game????
7) I’m probably not having kids, but if I ever had a son, I would name him Xander, after Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yes, I was/am obsessed with the show, and Xander is one of my favorite examples of love, friendship, and courage. He’s not perfect and he’s not a superhero, but he’s the heart of the group. I would be proud to tell my son after who he is named, even if he only ever existed on the screen. (Side note: Unfortunately, the actor who played Xander is the total opposite of his character. So sad).
A Million Little Things: SOOOO over Gary and Maggie.
When i was pregnant with my now 4 year old daughter i was obsessed with Orange is the New Black We now have a Piper! It’s kinda funny when people ask where i got the name from lol Piper fits my girl so well :)
If I had a boy he will be Josh after Josh Lyman.