1. Are you making anything delicious for Saint Patrick’s Day? I’m about to put some Bailey’s in this coffee…
2. Definitely need a ganache stuffed chocolate chip cookie right now.
3. I’m secretly a little bit excited to be stuck in the house with my family right now, when it’s socially appropriate. I wonder if by the end of this, everyone may gain 20lbs, be pregnant or file for divorce. We’re cooking so many delicious things!
4. P.S. Eddie still has to work but I’m pretty sure he would like to socially distance himself from me when he is home so I stop asking him if he washed his hands.
5. Right now I’m reading You Are Not alone and while it’s good, I’m having a hard time getting into it, maybe because it’s a little dark?! In case you missed it, this weekend I shared some of my favorite books of all time.
6. TV things!! How good was a Million Little Things last week?! I loved it! Binging anything good while being at home this week? I might be a re-binge of something like Gilmore Girls.
7. Here are 17 small changes to make to improve your mental health.
8. It’s crazy how for the last few years, we’ve been trying to only use reusable cups, reusable towels, no harsh soap, etc. And now people are hoarding all the disposable cups, paper towels, clorox wipes and soap!
9. I’m doing live virtual coffee (wine?) dates on instagram this week! Come join in the fun.
8 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Yesterday I made your salted brown butter chocolate chip bars, but I made them as cookies. I didn’t have enough chocolate chips so I put in butterscotch and white chocolate- so 4 kinds of chips! They are heaven. I also made a Guinness chocolate cake with mocha buttercream and put lucky charms marshmallows on top to take to work today…I work in a hospital and it’s pretty insane.
I also made carnitas. Was going to make horchata coffee but ran out of time, lol. Back to the hospital today, and every day for the foreseeable future.
I love Animal Planet, especially the Zoo and the Aquarium. Did you see they are letting the penguins walk around Shedd aquarium since there are no visitors? Adorable!
that all sounds so delicious, your coworkers are lucky to have you!! and we’re lucky to have people like you and everyone else you work with at the hospital, thank you!!
Thank you for this Tuesday Things and making me (and Matt) laugh out loud. 100% agree with #3, especially because I normally bake and distribute treats to everyone else aka get them out of our house ASAP. Also, #4 is happening here, too, so I refer you back to #3. Thanks for the laugh :) P.S. Who am I, commenting on a blog post, and not IG, like it’s 2008?! #needingmoresocialconnection
Yes, I am concerned about weight gain while sitting in my house as well. I swear, there is a 3,000 pound woman living inside of me who just wants to make every single recipe from your blog and then binge eat it all while watching cheesy Netflix romances. Luckily, I am forcing myself to stream yoga videos that I practice along to, which sort of helps!
I just finished You are Not Alone – i kept putting it down but was curious how it was ending and it was not what I thought. Keeping up with the characters was hard because they are all pretending to be someone else. It was creepy and when I saw what was happening, I wanted to help Shay who finally got it. It left me not trusting anyone which was not a good thing.
#6 = def do Gilmore girls!
Popping in to tell you that you are doing a phenomenal job. I think we all crave distraction right now but I know I really need order and a sense of the familiar, especially in these uncertain times. Your Blog & Instagram has been comforting and engaging and I wanted to say “Thank you!!!” for being here every single day. It’s so appreciated. :)
I finally broke down and got Disney+ “for the kid” – I’ve been binge watching Boy Meets World haha