Garlic Sauce Bucatini with Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli.
Definitely ready to dive into this plate of garlic sauce pasta.
There’s roasted broccoli (of course), juicy shrimp (even better), some parsley, crushed red pepper and alllll the garlic you can imagine. Toasty and golden and wonderful and delicious. SIGN ME UP.
This meal is SO GOOD. You roast the broccoli and shrimp on a sheet pan while you cook the pasta and garlic oil. It all comes together in 30 minutes to create a sophisticated little meal that definitely seems sort of fancy.
And um hello, can we talk about how good this would be with a bottle of white wine? And how the recipe only really has ten ingredients? For so much major flavor? I’m in love!
The garlic oil sauce alone is unreal. Honestly I could eat a bowl of noodles swimming in this. With nothing else.
Okay, maybe with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
But really, the garlic sauce is life changing. I make it often for Eddie – he loves it too. It can go in so many dishes if you don’t want to use marinara. An it makes for great leftovers!
I’ve been cooking like a crazy person the last few weeks – it is great stress relief for me. Not just cooking for us to eat, but cooking and giving meals to family and friends. It’s one of the only things that is making me feel better right now. I’ve spent more time in the kitchen just being creative and throwing together comforting meals than I do in my everyday work life.
It’s caused me to slow down a little in the kitchen too… and I actually love it. Even if I still want mostly 30-minute meals.
There’s something about the golden, caramely garlic sprinkled throughout the pasta that is so comforting to me. I don’t know if it’s because I remember my mom making linguine and clam sauce in the 90s (which is a totally different dish!) but it just feels nostalgic right now.
And don’t worry – toasting the garlic in the oil reduces a lot of the garlicky bite and sting. This makes it so much more manageable! Plus, we can’t go anywhere so who cares if we consume six cloves of garlic in one sitting?
I’m in and I’d like a plate of this for breakfast, please and thank you.
Garlic Sauce Pasta with Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli
- 1 pound bucatini
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- lemon wedges, for spritzing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the bucatini according to package directions.
- Place the broccoli on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While the broccoli is roasting, heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add in the sliced garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is just golden. Turn off the heat or keep it very low.
- Remove the sheet from the oven and push the broccoli to one side. Place the shrimp in a single layer on the sheet and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Roast the shrimp for 6 to 8 minutes, until just opaque and pink.
Toss the bucatini into the garlic oil, coating all the noodles well. Toss the shrimp and broccoli in with the pasta. Toss in the parsley. Spritz on some fresh lemon. Serve with parmesan cheese and extra crushed red pepper flakes!
Dinner is served!