Blackened Salmon with Grilled Naan and Lime Slaw.
This grilled salmon is sponsored by ALDI!
Oh hello, new favorite salmon!
Let me just say it: I am in LOVE with this meal. It looks fancy but it’s pretty darn easy. It tastes even fancier! And you won’t believe how good the salmon is. Super flavorful, buttery and tender. It practically melts in your mouth.
Today I’m partnering with ALDI again to bring you this delicious recipe! They are my go-to when it comes to summer staples. And they have alllll the things that you need to create the perfect 4th of July spread! I’ve relied on ALDI even more during the pandemic because they have stayed so well stocked.
I grabbed this Atlantic salmon from ALDI and was completely blown away at the quality and how affordable it is. It’s close to perfect!
ALDI has so many summer staples right now – and they are stocked with ingredients that can make your weekday dinners happen easily. They are also my go-to for food when it comes to summer holidays. I’ll be stocking up for the Fourth of July so I can make a cheese board, huge fruit platter and a few other great cookout recipes. Their selection of produce is top notch.
Not only did I grab the salmon at ALDI, I got the Specially Selected Naan Bread which is fantastic. That goes right on the grill too. I also love their Specially Selected Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is a key in all parts of this recipe.
The produce for the quick slaw all came from ALDI too. Green cabbage or coleslaw mix – I like to use a mix of both for a variety of texture. Fresh lime, cilantro and cucumbers. Then we have a cilantro avocado drizzle, which is ridiculously good. Blend it up and drizzle all over the salmon for an extra punch of flavor.
Speaking of the salmon!
The salmon is seasoned with a mixture of spices, including smoked paprika, garlic powder and oregano. I threw it on the grill until it was just cooked. This may be my new go-to seasoning for salmon – it’s that good.
As soon as the salmon came off the grill, I threw the naan bread on the grill! This allows the naan to get even more puffy and bubbly. It adds some smoky, charred flavor and of course, warms the bread up too.
Once the grilling is finished, all you have to do is throw the slaw on top of the naan. Flake the salmon on top next. Drizzle with the sauce and it’s ready to go! I love eating this as an open-faced bread, but of course you can use these same ingredients and make sandwiches too.
It’s super satisfying. It easily comes together in 30 minutes – though you can make the slaw and sauce ahead of time if you wish. This is the perfect way to bring a new and fancy feel to your Fourth of July holiday! Throw the salmon and naan on the grill and everyone will love it. It’s simple but at the same time, an elevated way to enjoy our classic summer holiday! Plus, it’s also a great weeknight meal. Serve it family style and once the salmon is grilled, let everyone build the grilled naan.
It’s the loveliest meal ever!
Grilled Salmon and Naan
Blackened Salmon with Grilled Naan
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 mini seedless cucumbers, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Specially Selected Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat your grill to 400 to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the salmon dry with a towel. Stir together the paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Sprinkle all over the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until it’s opaque and pink. Remove the salmon and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- While the salmon rests, place the naan bread on the grill and grill for just 1-2 minutes per side, until warm and slightly charred.
- To build the meal, spoon the slaw over the naan bread. Top with some flaked salmon. Drizzle on the cilantro sauce. Enjoy!
- Combine the cabbage, cucumbers and cilantro in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss with the lime juice and olive oil until combined. Set aside until ready to use. You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until combined. Drizzle over salmon. You can make this ahead of time and store in the fridge!
I’m in heaven.