1. Once a week or so we go to a local farm to see the animals. There are a few ponds so ducks are always roaming around and there are a bunch of very large white ducks. The first time Max saw one, he cried out “there’s an aflac!” I just about died. He now calls all white ducks aflacs. I hope he never stops. His brand awareness has always been over the top!
2. All I can think of right now is this whipped cookie dough tart. OMG.
3. Social distancing has made my love for entertaining even stronger, especially since we haven’t got to do much of it. I basically am hoping in 2021 that I can plan party at least once a month.
4. By the way, who else is still stuck in March or April? It doesn’t feel like it’s almost July. I feel like I’ll blink and it will be fall! Yesterday I got an email for holiday candles. What?!
5. The best ways to wash and dry your salad greens! This is everything because if I have prepped greens, I eat salad everyday. I mean, I’ve probably “decluttered” three salad spinners in my life and guess what I just ordered?
6. TV things! All I really watched this week was Yellowstone and oh my gosh… it’s still so good. I mean, my 90s Kevin-Costner-a-la-dancing-with-wolves self is obsessed. One word… Rip. Also! Here’s the new Babysitter’s Club trailer.
7. This happened to me early on in quarantine but now as I’m reading some of my favorite author’s novels this summer, I get furious that they aren’t social distancing. Ha! I’m like WAIT HOW ARE YOU TOUCHING AND TALKING?! I wonder how long it will take until we don’t think about that.
8. Why you get so tired working from home. Interesting and spot on.
9. All I want in life is a pebble ice machine. Do you have one?! We don’t have a space for one though, unless I want an ice maker in the laundry room.
9 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
You should totally put an ice machine in the laundry!
You really need a pebble ice machine! We bought the Opal 2 years ago and it CHANGED. MY. LIFE. It was so amazing that I had to buy new cups and glasses too because the ones I had just didn’t do justice to the amazingness that was my pebble ice. Now every single drink, even just plain water or lemonade, feels like a mini vacation because I fill my cup to the brim with ice. It’s a little bit of a hassle to clean because it takes awhile and you have to do it pretty often to keep the ice tasting fresh, but it’s totally worth it. Even if you have to put it in the laundry room, I say DO IT. My love for my pebble ice machine knows know bounds.
I live in Vermont and almost nowhere has pebble ice. Except the hospital. It was literally the only reason I didn’t want to go home after I had my daughter! I filled 4 to go cups with ice before we were discharged! Why is it soooo good??
Is it weird to cry while watching The Babysitter’s Club trailer? Asking for a friend…🤣
Totally LOLing about the white ducks 😂. Just read it to my husband and now he is LOLing.
You got me wanting to watch Yellowstone now.
The other day we were watching a show and two characters shook hands and I yelled at the TV, “What are you doing?! “
Curious if you’ve watched Dead To Me on netflix? Their love for F-bombs is a bit much for me at times but I think the chemistry between the 2 leads is amazing. Christina Applegate really shows off her acting skills too.
AND YES on the social distancing mindset while reading…. just finished a book where it threw me off a few times. (The book was Ask Again, Yes….. very slow.)
Hooray for salad spinners! I only remembered my mom having a giant one the size of a barrel, so I never got one. But I found out a few years ago that they have small ones now, so I got one of those and it really does make me so much more inclined to eat salad and greens. The small one obviously doesn’t spin a ton at once, but there’s nothing wrong with doing it in 2-3 batches, right?
Am i the only one who buys bagged lettuce solely because i dont have to wash it ? i hate soggy salad and am never prepared enough to do all the washing/drying/rebagging thing. Maybe i’m just gross ?
I love Rip too! I feel like we’re kindred spirits now. :)