1. Pretty sure my kids are punking me because every time I clean the floors, five minutes later they ask to play with play doh. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
2. Really want this no churn blueberry pie ice cream.
3. I heard the cicadas are emerging again this year and I cannot handle that. Remember a few years ago when we got dive bombed by hundreds of cicadas on a Saturday afternoon – in our hair, on our clothes, everything? Skin crawling already.
4. We went to a farm one morning last week to see the animals and a fluffy cat walked by. Emilia screamed as loud as she could “MAMA IT’S A TIGER!” and started running towards the cat. It was both hilarious and maybe concerning that she’d run towards said tiger. This child loves animals.
5. TV things! One of the things we watched last week was the Lance Armstrong 30 for 30. Wow. It was good and kind of shocking too. Billions was boring again BUT!! Did anyone else catch the possible jealously between Axe and Wendy?!
6. I really want to create a free little library. I absolutely love this idea. I have seen a few around in neighboring towns (they were also then turned into canned goods pantries at the start of the pandemic!) but I would love to do a neighborhood one.
7. Current favorite lunch: toasted sourdough, almond butter, flaked salt, strawberries. Strawberry season strawberries are legit like candy. And we all know how I feel about fruit being dessert. Um no thanks.
8. 5 habits of productive people working at home. These are good.
11 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
6. Our neighbor at the end of our street did one at the start of Quarantine, and from the beginning did books and nonperishable foods. It has been a GAME CHANGER for my 4 and 1 year old. Multiple times a day they want to walk down and exchange a book and a snack. I really can’t believe how often we use it. Plus a few times I’ve actually found pantry items I really needed for cooking that night.
I may never let my children know playdoh exists. I’m thinking memos to other parents and the school. Full body blocking at Target. I think I could make it work.
Strawberry season is already over in NC. Am tres desole.
Our nanny got one of the kids edible playdough for Christmas. I let the kids play with it one day. Never again. (I should have let her do it with them one day, but it retrospect it would have been me helping with the mess regardless).
Also, I do an informal book exchange with a few moms in my neighborhood. It started with me texting people if they had something, and then one of them missing #2 of a series. . .and so we just do an exchange and it’s SO FUN.
I love ALL of the 30 for 30 shows!! I have worked from home for three years so I have no problem with #5!! You gotta walk way!
Free Little Libraries are great! I just took a big bag of books and put them in two different little free libraries in our neighborhood. I live in DC and there are a bunch around. It’s awesome!
I want to go to your little free library. You have the best books!
Can you please post the recipe for making S’mores in the oven instead of on the grill. Thank you.
You may also enjoy the grand treat of very thinly sliced baquette, sliced on the diagonal and toasted, smeared with mascarpone cheese, topped with fanned sliced strawberries, and drizzled with a bit of honey.
There’s a little library on my street. I don’t feel like that end of my street gets much foot traffic, so I have a feeling the person who constructed the library and I are the only ones swapping books, but I’ll take it!
Numerous times in the last week I have started laughing & said mamma its a tiger! So funny & so cute!