Creamy Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms.
This balsamic chicken and mushrooms is sponsored by Fustinis!
Oh my my, this creamy balsamic chicken and mushrooms HITS THE SPOT.
This skillet chicken is versatile and delicious. Perfect for a weeknight. Serve it with potatoes or roasted vegetables or my personal favorite – toasted sourdough bread.
Today I’m partnering with Fustini’s to bring you this delicious recipe using both their incredible olive oil and vinegar. We’ve come full circle here! You may remember waaaaay back in the day, when I just started my blog, that I found Fustini’s on one of our trips to Northern Michigan and fell.in.love. That was a decade ago!
I mean, to say I’m still in love would be an understatement.
I am straight up obsessed with their vinegars!
I’m a huge fan of all things tart, briney, vinegary and, well… delicious. Fustini’s was the first tasting room I ever came across and we enjoyed oil and vinegar on toasts until our heart was content. My pantry is constantly stocked with their vinegar – if I don’t grab a few bottles on vacation in the summer, I order it online.
And what I love the most? THE FLAVORS! Not only are their products incredibly high quality, but they have the most incredible flavors. My favorite is probably the Traverse City Cherry – but coming in next? Coconut or lavender or chocolate or espresso or even vanilla bean. YES – they have all these flavors in balsamic vinegars and I can attest to how incredible they are. Just take a look and you will freak!
P.S. Fustini’s also has some incredible gifts going on right now for the holidays. I always include their gift sets in my gift guides in November, but consider this an early peak to grab some presents! Even if it’s for yourself…
Today, I’m using the Riserva Balsamic, which is so thick and rich that it’s almost like a glaze. I also adore their 12 year traditional too. Either works!
This meal comes together quickly! Brown the chicken. Throw in the mushrooms and let them pick up some of those flavor bits in the pan. Drizzle in balsamic and cream to create a silky, decadent sauce. Add the chicken back in, simmer and then serve.
This is one of Eddie’s favorite meals. It’s another cop-out meal that I make because it’s super easy. It’s what I make when I don’t know what to make! I make it often, at least every other week. You can also throw in other veggies if needed and sometimes I use it as a clean-out-the-fridge meal too. I’ve found that boneless chicken breasts, thighs or bone-in all work, depending on what you have and what you love. Just make sure that chicken temp reaches 165 degrees F and you’re good to go.
A bright sprinkling pop of herbs on top adds a little color and refreshing bite.
And dinner is served!
Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms
Balsamic Chicken and Mushrooms
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. You can also use chicken breasts if you wish!
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and place it on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until softened. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir.
- Deglaze the pan with the ¼ cup Fustini’s balsamic vinegar. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook for another few minutes, until slightly thickened. Add the chicken back to the skillet. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes over low heat, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Follow the same for chicken breasts, just be sure to check the internal temp!
- Top with fresh parsley and serve!