These caramel pretzels will be your new favorite holiday treat!
Crunchy pretzels dipped in gooey caramel, rolled in crisp toffee chips and drizzled in chocolate.
I CAN’T SAY NO.
My obsession with these pretzels started almost one year ago! This recipe comes from Lacy’s mother-in-law (she makes the best snacks and treats!) and I could not be more excited to share it with you.
It’s simple. It’s easy. But it’s a ridiculously delicious treat that you can gift this season and everyone will freak!
Lacy had told me about the caramel pretzels for awhile, but it wasn’t until her wedding on New Year’s Eve (did we even really know what 2020 would be?! ugh) that I tried them. In fact, I don’t even think I tried them at the wedding – it was the next morning. My sister-in-law was like YOU HAVE TO GET THESE PRETZELS and then I proceeded to package a bunch up with some cookies to take home. I tried them once I got home and just about lost it.
They were outstanding!!
I had no idea how easy they were to make. Seriously!
All we have here is a pretzel rod dipped in caramel, rolled in heath toffee chips and then drizzled in chocolate.
But oh my GOSH. Are these so good!
They are salty and sweet. Crunchy and chocolatey. Everything you want in a little treat. Perfect to throw in cookie boxes too!
Since the wedding, I’ve made these a few times and people adore them. The great thing is that you can make them ahead of time! I made these to take with us on our road trip to michigan this summer. They were consumed within the first few days. They’re just irresistible!
And they definitely aren’t just for the holidays. These are perfect any time of year, for a little celebration or just a regular weekend. Be the most popular and make ’em!
- 20 pretzel rods
- 1 8 ounce bag toffee chips
- 1 11 ounce bag caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 ounces milk, dark or white chocolate (or a mix of them!), melted for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place the pretzel rods on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the toffee chips on a plate.
- Combine the caramels and heavy cream in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the caramel is melted completely and smooth.
- Dip each pretzel in the caramel - I cover it about ⅔ of the way. Right after dipping, roll each pretzel in the toffee chips, covering as much of the caramel as you can. Place the pretzel rod back on the parchment and repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Once finished, melt the chocolate (you can use dark, milk or white! It’s up to you) and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl until smooth. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the caramel pretzels. Let set completely, about 30 minutes. You can package these up in a container between layers or parchment, or wrap each singly in parchment and store in a resealable bag. We love them!
- As a note, I’d say you can make them 1 to 2 weeks ahead of time and they will stay fresh.
I mean, that crunch!