Orange Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins.
These orange cinnamon muffins are the most delish fluffy love muffins!
Fluffy, cinnamon-y, orange-y goodness all wrapped up in a little muffin bite and drizzled with fantastic glaze. Everyone adores them!
After sharing my one hour orange cinnamon rolls, I don’t think I need to ramble on about how much we love the orange cinnamon combo for breakfast in this house. And I warned you that I had one more easy orange cinnamon recipe coming up. Easier than the orange rolls, I swear!
This is such a nostalgic flavor for me, and when it comes to baked goods on christmas morning, this is exactly how I want them taste.
So if cinnamon rolls are a little out of your wheelhouse, grab a muffin pan and make this recipe! You can bake them the night before and christmas morning will taste heavenly.
These last a few days (unless everyone eats them!) and they’re a great way to prepare a fun, seasonal breakfast or snack ahead of time, without trying to do so in the rush of the holiday mornings. I love doing this. Get’s everything out of the way.
A few years ago, I offered a holiday entertaining guide with The Pretty Dish. If you have it, you may recognize these muffins as my Christmas Morning Muffins! This is pretty much that recipe, with added streusel and glaze, because who doesn’t love coffee cake?
While the muffin itself doesn’t have a cinnamon swirl, it does have this fabulous coffee cake-like topping that lends itself to the perfect morning treat. Grab a large (iced for me!) latte with lots of foam. Turn on the glow of the christmas lights. Enjoy a slow and steady morning as the year winds down.
It feels like we might be inside a hallmark movie at this point and I don’t hate it.
These muffins are light and fluffy with hints of both cinnamon and orange. The streusel is crumbly and almost crunchy – it’s perfect!
The glaze is perfectly sweet and super orange-flavored, mostly from fresh grated zest that gives it a wonderful citrus zing.
Orange Cinnamon Muffins
Orange Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the sugar and the eggs until combined. Whisk in the milk and vegetable oil. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Stir in the orange zest. Fill the muffin liners about ⅔ of the way full. Sprinkle the crumb on top of the batter, pressing gently so it sticks to the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the center is set and the crumb is golden. Remove the muffins and drizzle with the orange glaze. Serve!
- To make the crumb topping, whisk together the sugar, cinnamon, salt and melted butter until combined. Whisk for a good minute or two until the sugar begins to dissolve, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour. The mixture will be crumb-like and dry. Almost like a sludge or sand. This is what you want! Sprinkle the crumb on top of each muffin before baking.
- Whisk ingredients together until a smooth glaze forms. If it’s too thick, add more orange juice 1 teaspoon at a time. If it’s too thin, whisk in more sugar a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency is reached.
It’s a bite of holiday cheer!