1. I cannot handle how happy these mugs make me.
2. Did you get any black friday, small business sat or cyber monday sales? I just couldn’t handle searching through it all – it was so overwhelming! I finished some holiday shopping but nothing too impressive. I did get a few things on saturday from some of my faves.
3. Majorly craving this sweet potato bisque with crispy white beans!
4. Today our elf on the shelf returned! Remember when I used to talk about wanting to do the elf long before I had kids? Ha! You can find my entire life contents here on this blog, FYI. ANYWAY – we don’t use the elf as a behavior thing, but just a fun christmas thing. Eddie is the one who does the elf every night and he loves it!
5. 4 reasons to stop being a perfectionist! Truth.
6. TV things! I have never been so excited to have Virgin River back on. OMG. I binged it in one sitting (stayed up way too late) and then started to watch it again. I just love it so much. And it was nice to watch a show that seemed more like regular old life.
7. I am so tempted to get a nespresso with the milk frother attached. Not the separate one that you can get with it – the one that fits in the machine. This seems like heaven on earth!
8. There are so many traditions this season that I’m sad we will be missing, but I also think it’s a good time to start new traditions at home. Is there anything special you’re doing for this holiday season to try and keep it magical?!
17 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Be sure to research the Nespresso with frother options before purchasing. I have one that has an attachment canister, but the froth is never hot enough and it is a pain to clean. I ended up getting the separate frother machine and love that. My friend has machine with the frothing wand attached, and she loves it!
Omg I am so happy about Virgin River being back on too! I stayed up waaaayyy too late watching episodes the other night hahah but its so good!
The Nespresso with the milk frother (I have the Uno Creatista) is so so so worth it. Bought it during quarantine for a sub for Starbucks (I get the Starbucks pods) and it is now used daily. Do it! I promise you won’t be disappointed. I even got one for my brother and my mother for Christmas, I love it that much.
Getting a Nespresso for Christmas cause pandemic + new motherhood = out of control coffee budget. I can’t wait!! Do you have any favorite pods I should try?
Also loving that perfectionist article — SO relatable for me…ugh!
We are doing to do the Pittsburgh zoo lights this year! Grab some hot cocoa, listen to Christmas music and go through in our car. A fun new tradition
nespresso with milk frother is overrated. The breville separate frother is amazing! We have a milk wand on our breville, but still use the separate frother for ease.
Get the nespresso with the attached frother, it is so worth it! The only thing I will tell you is make sure you clean the frother after every use. It takes like 10 seconds to put it apart and clean it and TRUST ME you will be thankful that you clean the 4 parts. Even just rinse w/ water and set on a towel to dry is better than letting it sit.
I think I might be in the minority but I bought the nespresso with the milk canister foamer attached and I HATE it. I love the nespresso part, but I found the milk frother part so annoying to clean, not always efficient, and never hot enough for me, so I ended up buying a separate milk frother and just use the espresso part of the machine. Also, YES TO VIRGIN RIVER. Jack…swoon.
I think about that with the Nespresso but they are a pain to clean usually (the milk frother). So I’m not sure I want it on the machine.
I am planning to start a new tradition of eating Chinese food on Christmas Eve, baking some new things and possibly making a gingerbread house! Lots of things we can do at home to
* make it christmassy anyway haha.
If you love that mug from Pottery Barn, check these out. https://sunnyandted.com/ Darling and supports a small business.
I am loving David E Kelley’s Big Sky. Is anyone else into it? The first episode sets the tone and I can’t wait to see all the twists and turns coming in the next weeks. Can’t say enough good things about Soulmates. The first season is finished but it was approved for a second season before the premiere of the series. Virgin River is next on my list.
Virgin River!!! So normal it’s amazing! Finished The Crown which got better towards the end but this season was a bust for me as I said in your earlier post. Oh well….There’s always Schitt’s Creek 😂
The attached frother also takes forever. I am in too much of a hurry. I have the milk all frothed before my coffee is even done.
I have a separate Breville frother and it works so much better than the one attached to the Nespresso. Def worth the money. The milk is always hot and it isn’t a giant pain to clean.
One of our (too) many quarantine purchases was a milk frother. A stand alone Breville model from PotteryBarn I think… we love it and use it EVERYDAY!
As for traditions last year we came up the a fantastic new one that can’t be done this year :( Pankcake PJ party. One that we CAN still do is drive around our neighborhood with hot cocoa, Xmas music while looking at lights. It is fun usually but last year my son was …difficult and we didn’t have any fun 🤪🤦🏼♀️