Sticky Chicken Fingers with Yogurt Blue Cheese Sauce.
It’s official: I’m obsessed with these crispy sticky chicken fingers.
They are INCREDIBLE. Saucy, crunchy, crispy, sweet, savory and slightly spicy if you’d like. Oh, and BAKED! Not fried.
Absolutely divine and perfect for a snack, fun weeknight dinner, super bowl eats or just… today. Because they’re that good.
It’s no secret we looooove some homemade chicken fingers in this house! Our favorites are these pretzel crusted chicken fingers, but I’ve been making them since I first started the blog 13 years ago, waaaay before kids. Eddie and I always loved using crunchy chicken fingers on salads or just as a part of dinner. In fact, they are probably one of Eddie’s favorite foods.
Needless to say, I’ve perfected my method over the years. They are baked, super crispy and crunchy and tender inside. They are wonderful and work everytime.
We love these even more than any fried chicken fingers. Okay, maybe not chick-fil-a, but you know what I mean. Others don’t hold a candle to these.
Now, this sticky sauce makes them even MORE incredible. Not even joking when I say I’ve made these twice some weeks by request.
Everyone LOVES them.
The sauce makes these taste 100% restaurant-worthy.
The sauce is a combo of brown sugar, butter, buffalo wing sauce (or you could use hot sauce!) and a drop of water if you need it. It’s divine. It’s fairly indulgent too, but it makes the crispy chicken taste fantastic. I know some of you may ask if you can reduce the sugar… you can try, but this combo is what makes it perfectly sticky and saucy. If you don’t want to coat the chicken in the sauce, you could even use it as a dip. It’s addictive!
You can also add a little more hot sauce or even a dash of cayenne if you want to make this spicier. I’m a huge baby, so it’s a no for me. But I know some of you love your spice.
Oh and the blue cheese! I’ve shared this before on the blog but it’s wonderful here in this recipe. Greek yogurt, some lemon, salt, pepper, lots of blue cheese or gorgonzola. Deeeelish. Super refreshing and a wonderful complement for the chicken.
And if you’re feeling ranch, here’s my incredible homemade ranch recipe that also is a delish dipper.
Now please run and make them!
Sticky Chicken Fingers with Yogurt Blue Cheese
Sticky Chicken Fingers with Yogurt Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- kosher salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup seasoned fine breadcrumbs
- olive oil spray, or nonstick spray, coconut oil spray, avocado oil spray, etc
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack. Spray the wire rack with nonstick (or olive oil/coconut oil/avocado oil) spray. This is key so the breading sticks to the chicken!
- Line up 3 bowls or large plates. Put the flour in one, the eggs in the second and stir together both breadcrumbs in the third.
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt, pepper and garlic powder, covering both sides. Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, covering completely. Then dip in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing gently so the crumbs adhere. Place each chicken piece on the sprayed wire rack.
- Bake the chicken for 12 minutes, then gently flip and bake for 12 minutes more.
- While the chicken is baking, heat the brown sugar, wing sauce, butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Let the mixture come to a boil (watch it the entire time!) then reduce it to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool while the chicken finishes.
- When the chicken is done, gently lift it on the wire rack with a spatula or tongs. Place it on a plate or in a bowl and drizzle it with the sauce. Don’t let the chicken sit too much in the sauce, because the sauce gets stickier and thicker as it sits, and it will rip off the breading! So toss in the sauce, then serve on plates with the dip. Enjoy!
yogurt blue cheese
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, mashing the blue cheese in as you stir. Serve immediately! You can make this ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
Hello this is my friday night!