Grilled Whole Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Ranch.
Tonight it’s grilled whole sweet potatoes for dinner!
Seriously, these are about to be a staple in your menu. Because hello flavor!
You can throw them on the grill and top them with ANYTHING.
These sweet potatoes on the grill may be my new favorite thing. They are so easy. The skin gets crispy and charred. You don’t have to turn on your oven!!
Yes, the benefits are endless.
Plus, we have the whole smoky flavor that really takes everything over the top.
This is a simple recipe but one that is super good. I like to throw fresh garden tomatoes on top and crispy bacon. If you want to go full BLT-style you could top with shredded lettuce or even marinated kale. Or fresh arugula!
I also like to add some quick pickled onions.
However, the thing that takes these over the top is the homemade ranch. I could do sweet potato fries alone dipped in the ranch. It’s insane.
So, the ranch!
And I have never been a huge ranch person but my oh my, that has changed. After testing the potatoes with ranch a few times, I got hooked on the ranch. Like – OBSESSED. Finally, I fell in love with it.
I’ve been making a batch of it every weekend. We use it on sandwiches, for veggies, all that good stuff. I’ve added hot sauce to it to make buffalo ranch and have just thrown an avocado in the blender with it for avocado ranch!
And here, I’m giving you two options – you can make it with fresh herbs or you can make it with dried. Whatever you have on hand, depending on the season. This one deserves a front row seat in your recipe box.
It’s seriously fool proof and so delicious. I do highly suggest using a bunch of fresh dill and chives straight from the garden right now.
Then load up all of your favorite things on top of the charred sweet potatoes.
The result is so warm and comforting and FRESH.
Grilled Whole Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Ranch
Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Bacon, Tomatoes and Ranch
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped herbs, like parsley, chives and basil
- pickled onions, for topping
fresh herb ranch
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Place the potatoes on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes or so. Note: if you don’t want the skin to get crunchy and blackened, you can definitely wrap these in foil. It’s your call!
- While the potatoes are on the grill, heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. You can also make the ranch at this point too!
- When the potatoes are done, slice them in half. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with the ranch dressing. Top each with the chopped tomatoes, crispy bacon and a few pickled onions if you wish. Top with fresh herbs!
fresh herb ranch
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until pureed and combined. Store in the fridge in a sealed container. This lasts for about a week!
Best breakfast, lunch or dinner!