1. Let’s start with something deep! Have you given up on a dream?
2. I cannot handle these cookies and cream rolls. OMG.
3. It’s such a minimal complaint but the lack of dates on certain articles and blog posts now makes me batty!
4. Oh my gosh. I really love this.
5. I missed seeing the traditional Oscars red carpet this past Sunday! My best dressed were Regina King and Amanda Seyfried. I loved both so much! Also, did anyone else see Emerald Fennel’s speech where she mentioned Zack Morris?! I just about died. I felt SEEN.
6. Love this! How to find time for your meaningful work.
7. TV things!! Okay so the hype of Meredith + Grey’s is making me crazy enough to watch and then annoyed that nothing happens until the last 2 minutes. Haha, they so have me suckered in. The McDreamy scene just got me good. I was transported back.
8. Anyone else heartbroken that astronauts do not eat that astronaut ice cream in space?! This is so interesting. (NYT)
9. So I really haven’t baked with my sourdough stater (no bread in, like, a year?) but I can’t seem to let the starter go! I’ve managed to feed it and keep it alive for over a year and that I consider a success. My family still sees it on my counter and they’re like… um, what is that?
10. YOU GUYS! We are ONE WEEK out from the launch of Everyday Dinners! Get it get it get it! This is most likely why I’m so full of exclamation points today. There’s a big giveaway here to celebrate.
12 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I remember a visit to the Huntsville Space Facility many years ago in Alabama. We were able to sample and purchase the dehydrated food products that went into space with the astronauts. Sounds like it’s SO very much more sophisticated now. Still seems very interesting though.
Having a biological child. I feel like the pandemic played a role, too. 2020 was the year I was going to start dating again. By the time I find a partner who is ready, I fear I’ll be too old (I turned 41 in March).
I’m an early childhood educator, so there isn’t a lack of wonderful kiddos in my life, but I’m dealing with the crushing sadness that I may never have one of my own.
Hi Lindsay, unfortunately I don’t have anything helpful or wise to offer you, but I am sending you so much love. Your life is going to be beautiful and vibrant and one day you will arrive at the place when you think “I can’t imagine it any other way” because it is exactly as you’d always wanted, whether you knew that at the time or not.
Hugs from Toronto,
Oh and the lack of dates on blogs drives me UP THE WALL👏🏻 👏🏻💯💯
Yes I also hate the lack of dates on articles and blogs! I realize it’s to make them more ‘evergreen’ so people aren’t biased against older material, but I swear I never avoided something because it was ‘old’? I just like knowing when things were written!
Also oof re: the first question. I’m not sure I’ve given up on any ‘serious’ dreams, but maybe random passing thoughts I had as a child (like swimming in the Olympics or being a ballerina). Curious as to how you would answer this Jessica!
Shameless promo: My husband worked on Cruel Summer, the new show on Freeform and Hulu. It’s actually REALLY good – you should jump in!
Not necessarily a dream, but I had undiagnosed ADHD and was never able to be successful in school growing up. I can’t help wondering what kind of life I could have had if I’d gotten some help with it and been able to reach a bit more potential.
WOW that is deep and hard. i think for me ive had to give up on my “dream” of what i thought work would be like. i thought i would be a “business woman” in a sheath dress weighing 125 lbs, with long hair perfectly coiffed, perfect makeup, in a corner office in some gorg. city, giving my opinions on things, having an assistant to do all the less desirable things, working 9-5, feeling great about my job, and then….wait for it….putting on a red lip, slapping on some 5 inch heels and going out for cocktails (not drinks, cocktails) with some client or my fancy boyfriend or whatever. i would be that girl in the magazine who took her outfit from “day to night” and had a fancy bag (not a purse…this woman has a bag!).
in reality that obviously never happened and never will. instead i work 10+ hrs days, am tired all the time, the day to night outfit thing has literally never happened (instead its more, do i have food on my face – nope im good), the hair and skin are never perfect, needless to say i’m not 125 lbs, there is no assistant, and some days all people do is zap my energy dry. i have a nice guy in my life, but we argue over the dishes a lot more than have fancy cocktails.
so that’s a long winded way of saying, i think i have continuously had to give up on the dream of things are never in reality how i envisioned them or planned for them. and sometimes thats ok and and sometimes its not. it makes it hard for me to set expectations and know when i should be ok with things turning out differently and when o should push for more.
so that deep enough for you ?
Re: your starter – use it to make pancakes/waffles! Or muffins! So so so good. Little Spoon Farm has a TON of discard recipes and so far, every single one has turned out for me. I especially love the waffles!
I don’t think it’s a minimal complaint, stuff really needs to be dated! Also FYI, if you don’t plan on using your starter any time soon you can dehydrate it and freeze it to store it long term.
Love love #4!
I don’t know that I’ve given up a dream but I’ve had my “dream” change and it’s been hard to accept that what I thought I wanted, isn’t what I want anymore, regarding my career path. And makes me question who I’m holding onto it for, if that makes sense. Now just to find what I DO want to do!