Cheeseburger Tostadas with House Sauce.
These cheeseburger tostadas are my newest obsession! All the flavors of a perfect cheeseburger on a crispy tortilla shell. Load it up with your favorite toppings and you’re ready to go!
Cheeseburger tostadas are my love language!
These crispy crunchy cheeseburger-y bites of love are going to be a huge hit in your dinner rotation. They are absolutely delish and super fun to eat too.
If you preordered a copy of Everyday Dinners and got the bonus cookbook, this is one of the recipes in there! I couldn’t WAIT to share it because it’s just fantastic. While the other ten recipes will remain exclusive to the bonus, this is one that I thought I’d share as we head into the warmer months.
It’s been such a giant hit!
There is just something about deconstructed cheeseburgers that I love. I don’t know what it is. I actually like deconstructed versions MORE than burgers. Maybe because they tend to use ground beef over a thick patty? I find them easier and more enjoyable to eat.
Plus, these are really darn easy. Especially for a larger family or crowd.
You can easily make them for dinner tonight!
First up, crisp some corn tortillas. You can also, of course, buy tostada shells if you can find them. ALDI has great ones. Making them in the oven is SO easy though too. The only issue is that you can’t make too many at once.
For the ground beef mixture, I love to brown it with both mustard and ketchup. I promise that this DOES NOT add a huge ketchup or mustardy flavor, it just adds a cheeseburger flavor. If that makes sense! It adds that “hmmm, what is that?!” taste that makes this burger so good.
Exactly. Try not to skip it if you can! It’s imperative to the cheeseburger flavor!
I also like to sprinkle some cheese on the ground beef. It makes it all flavorful and tender and delicious.
House sauce, of course. Can’t do burgers without it! My house sauce is a little riff on chick-fil-a sauce and is absolutely wonderful. We love it with all sorts of burgers, meats, roasted vegetables – everything. It’s amazing.
Assembly comes next! Crispy tortilla sheets, topped with the ground beef and cheese. Then it’s all up to you for toppings.
You know, toppings are everything!
I like to do some chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Some relish and/or pickled onions. You could add on anything you wish! More house sauce, usually. If you want other condiments, go for it. Pickle slices, yes please.
The options are endless.
This is one of those meals that everyone loves because it’s so customizable. If you have a picky eater, start with the tortilla sheet, meat and cheese. It’s the perfect deconstructed cheeseburger, if I do say so myself.
- To make the tostadas, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. As a note, you can also buy tostada shells!
- Place the tortillas on a baking sheet (or 2, if needed). Brush or spray them with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Bake the tortillas for 5 to 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 5 minutes more. Let cool slightly before using.
- While the tostadas are baking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it apart into small crumbles. Stir in the ketchup and mustard until combined. Turn off the heat and add in a sprinkle of cheese - just an ounce or two.
- Top each tostada with a sprinkle of cheese, then a spoonful of warm ground beef. Top with more shredded cheese. If you'd like, you can pop this back in the oven here for a minute or so to melt the cheese even more, but the beef does melt it. Drizzle with house sauce. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and pickled onions! Add on pickles or any other condiments you love.
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and combined. You can make this a day or so ahead of time!