Grilled Chicken Parmesan.
This grilled chicken parmesan is sponsored by ALDI! It’s a fun summer twist on the classic! Marinated balsamic chicken, melty mozzarella, parmesan, fresh basil and tomato sauce come together to create the most delicious dinner. So ridiculously good!
We’re taking our summer eats to a whole new level today and grilling our chicken parm!
This classic fave is a dream when you grill it – the chicken is full of smoky flavor and super juicy, then it’s covered in melty cheese. And served with saucy sauce! And sprinkled with fresh basil and parmesan. I mean, it doesn’t get any better than this.
I wish I would have started grilling my chicken parmesan a decade ago!
I’m so excited to be partnering with ALDI again to bring you this amazing warm weather recipe. Just in time for the sunshine to hit. It’s a great way to kick off the grilling season with one heck of a delicious meal too. ALDI has the best selection of seasonal food and super high-quality meats at an affordable price. Perfect for grilling season. When I’m planning out our weekly menus, their chicken and steak is always on my list.
As is the produce. You can’t beat the quality.
Let’s make it!
To start, I marinate the ALDI Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts in a balsamic mixture that is wonderful. I use their Specially Selected Olive Oil, Priano Balsamic Vinegar and Stonemill Dried Basil, along with some minced garlic, salt and pepper. It’s such a classic, simple marinade but really adds a ton of flavor to the chicken. You want to marinate it for at least 30 minutes or so – but I’ve even marinated it overnight too. And it’s a game-changer.
ALDI also has the most vibrant, fresh produce right now and I.am.here.for.it. Their tomatoes are incredible. I grabbed a bunch of the Campari tomatoes on the vine and sliced them up – perfectly juicy! While I don’t always add fresh tomatoes to chicken parm I may bake in the oven, adding it to this grilled version is the best way to elevate this meal. It gives it an even fresher take on the traditional dish and really adds something special.
The other great thing?
We also have a variety of cheeses for this recipe! That’s what I love so much about this dish – while I love to use the Emporium Selection Fresh Mozzarella, you can also grab some of the Happy Farms Mozzarella Shredded Cheese or even the Happy Farms Deli Sliced Mozzarella! Whatever makes it easier on the grill for you! That’s what it’s all about here: we want the most flavorful chicken, tomatoes and cheese because they are the stars of the show. Topping it off with the fresh basil is just the icing on the cake.
Grilling season always makes me so happy because I don’t have to turn on the oven in the warmer months! This recipe is no exception. You can make the entire thing on the grill. The only thing I do in the kitchen is warm up some of my sauce. That’s the last component to our recipe! I love to serve this on a light blanket of sauce, or with warm sauce for spooning over. I use the Simply Nature Organic Tomato Basil Sauce, and just heat it on the stovetop for a few minutes so it pairs perfectly with the chicken.
Top everything off with some freshly grated Emporium Selection Parmesan Cheese! And it’s DONE.
I mean, look at this plate!
Pretty sure this might be Eddie’s favorite meal of the year so far. It’s SO satisfying. It’s light and fresh, but still hearty at the same time. It pairs well with anything you’d like to serve it with: a salad, some pasta, you can even throw it on a sandwich. The options are endless!
It’s the perfect meal to make for a get together of friends or even just for dinner tonight. It’s requested over and over again in our house and I am certainly not complaining.
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/2 pounds Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts (you want about 4 to 5 chicken breasts)
- ⅓ cup Specially Selected Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Priano Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Stonemill Dried Basil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 Campari tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ounces Emporium Selection Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 1 ½ cups Simply Nature Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce, warmed
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Emporium Selection Parmesan Cheese
- handful fresh basil leaves
- pinch of Stonemill Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Place the chicken breasts in a dish or bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or oven night. Remove the chicken from the fridge about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting. You want it to heat for about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Once the grill is hot, take each chicken breast out of the marinade, letting the excess drop off. Place the chicken directly on the grill. Grill for 5 minutes (with the lid closed), then flip and grill for 3 minutes more.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of tomato. Top the tomato with a slice of fresh mozzarella. Close the lid to the grill and for 1 minute or so, until the cheese just begins to melt. You don’t want it to melt into the grill grates, so pull it off before it starts to drip off the chicken!
- Place a blanket of warm tomato sauce on a large plate. Place the chicken directly on the sauce. Sprinkle the chicken with some crushed red pepper, some freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves. Serve with extra sauce for dipping!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
A cheesy dream!
3 Comments on “Grilled Chicken Parmesan.”
will be makinng this soon can i use eggplant and vegan cheeses as am a vegan also can i use the ingredients that i have at my home as some of ingredients you listed is difficult to find in Singapore can i use oven instead as i dont have grill at home perfect for my after office meals will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Wow great Recipe!
This is the first time I Read the whole article .
Thank you so much it is helpful and clear.
I will visit again!!
See more: https://madinahgrill.ca/menu
This turned out so well. I left this in the fridge to marinade for like 18 hours and it was AMAZING. I really did not think the marinade would come through so well on the chicken, but it did. I have been craving chicken parm and wanted something that was not fried. It will become a monthly stable in our house. Fabulous recipe and it was super simple and quick on a weekday night.