1. All I’m craving in life right now is sourdough with sharp cheddar and fresh tomatoes. And I probably won’t have a legit GOOD local tomato here for, like, two months. At least!
2. You are doing a good job. I love.
3. Over the weekend my kids had cinnamon toast for the first time. I know that I made them the cinnamon toast recipe I have in The Pretty Dish, but Max was sooo little and Emilia wasn’t born yet. I finally made it for them this weekend and they couldn’t believe how good it was. My grandma was the queen of cinnamon toast!
4. This mediterranean farro salad looks incredible.
5. TV things!! The Grey’s episode this week did really get me. Eeeep. Also still on Mare of Easttown and loving it.
6. The perfect way to say no.
7. What are your travel plans this summer, if any? It’s crazy how everything is booked up for basically the next year.
8. I found this so interesting! Millennials are entering a decade of despair. Ha! I hope this doesn’t happen to me in a few years.
9. Summer fridays is coming back next week! Can’t believe it’s already here.
10. How to become a plant person when you’re super busy and kind of lazy. Hello!
3 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
The “perfect way to say no” article was just what I needed today! A family member was asking for donations for a new pet project of hers and while it was a good one, we already make substantial donations to a charity that pretty much deals with the same issues. I didn’t use the exact wording of “no thank you” but I did explain that we’ve made our choice of charity donations and wished her success in her endeavors. It feels like a polite response…hope so.
We are going to Telluride for summer vacation (we actually did Breckenridge last August, and it was great. Low key, all outdoor activities and outdoor dining. And off season so not a lot of people), and then just booked Universal Orlando for a long weekend too, which we had planned to do last year until COVID hit to celebrate my daughter’s finishing of the HP series. She’ll be old enough to be vaccinated by the time we go in October, and it feels like the right way to celebrate that too!
I’m so sad there’s only one more episode of Mare of Easttown. This summer the husband and I are taking a delayed honeymoon trip to Mexico City – supposed to have a wedding in Oct 2020, but that didn’t happen. Then we’re planning a quick trip to Legoland/San Diego with the kids.