Chicken Noodle Soup Risotto.
This chicken soup risotto is sponsored by ALDI! This chicken soup risotto is the ultimate comfort food. All the flavors of chicken noodle soup in a creamy parmesan risotto. It’s a serious hug in a bowl.
Chicken soup risotto is on the menu tonight!
Oh YES. We have a creamy, dreamy risotto that is loaded with chicken and vegetables, sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with so much love. It’s the ultimate fall comfort food and I can’t wait for you to try it!
I’m so excited to be partnering with ALDI again today to bring you this delicious chicken soup risotto! Right now, I’m all about the cozy flavors and comforting meals. ALDI is my go-to for high-quality and affordable ingredients and seasonal eats, which is fantastic because there is one right in my backyard.
We can always find everything we need at ALDI, from snacks for school, to dinner ingredients and seasonal treats. In fact, there are lots of things that we can only find at ALDI, some of our tried and true favorites like cheese, olive oil, organic chicken and produce. You just can’t beat the prices and the quality.
I always get SO excited in the fall to see all the seasonal eats that ALDI has released. Shopping there is so efficient and it’s so easy for me to find what I need. When it comes to a meal like this, I can grab all the ingredients I need quickly and have dinner on the table in a little over 30 minutes!
Today, it’s allll about the coziest bowl of risotto – that tastes just like chicken soup! I call it chicken soup risotto because it technically has all the flavor of soup… without the soup part. Instead of noodles, we have rice! And instead of it being a super brothy soup, we cook the rice in the stock until it’s creamy and rich and spoonable.
Basically, it’s fantastic.
I’m also thrilled to tell you that you can make fabulous risotto with long grain white rice.
It works so well – is so easy – and super affordable. You can make a fancy risotto dish using the Earthly Grains Long Grain White Rice and it will be absolutely delicious.
We want all the flavors of chicken soup here, so I start with the basics: onions, carrots and celery. I’m not the biggest fan of celery, but I never leave it out of my chicken soup. So we’re keeping it in here too. Those three ingredients are the building blocks of flavor for this risotto.
I’m also using the Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts. This is a great weeknight meal because you need cooked chicken, meaning you can use leftover chicken! Whether it’s grilled or roasted or seared, you need some shredded or cubed cooked chicken to make this whole thing come together.
Now the secret to really wonderful risotto is toasting the rice in butter. This adds an incredible depth of flavor – a nutty almost brown butter-ish taste that will make the dish shine. So you toast the rice with some onions and garlic, then throw in the celery and carrots.
Next, I warm up some Simply Nature Organic Chicken Broth. The key is to slowly stir the warm broth into the rice and vegetables, adding a few ladles at a time.
Risotto has a reputation of being high maintenance, and well – that isn’t untrue. You do need to stir the stock into your risotto while it cooks to develop the creamy rice texture and rich flavor, so it takes a bit of hands-on time. But it’s totally worth it!
Once the risotto is ready, I stir in the chicken and some parmesan cheese. This flavor is spot on, because I usually use a rind of parmesan cheese in my chicken soup! Spritz in a bit of lemon for brightness, toss in some parsley and it’s ready!
This is such a wonderful weeknight meal. It’s a great twist on the classic chicken noodle soup and makes dinner feel fancy and new again. I’m always looking for spins on dishes that we love, so we can still enjoy the flavor without getting bored of our favorites.
And this meal fits the bill!
Chicken Soup Risotto
Chicken Soup Risotto
- 64 ounces Simply Nature Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Simply Nature Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Specially Selected Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 ½ cups Earthly Grains Long Grain White Rice
- ⅔ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Emporium Selection Parmesan Cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour the chicken broth in a saucepan and cover. Heat over low heat until the broth is warm.
- Melt the butter and the olive oil in a large pot. Add the onions and garlic with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir in the rice. Cook, stirring often, until the rice is translucent and toasty, about 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is translucent, stir in the carrots and celery. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cups of the warm stock, stirring continuously, until the stock is absorbed. Repeat again with another cup of stock, stirring until absorbed. Repeat this process with another 3 to 4 cups of the stock, until the rice is creamy and al dente. You want it to appear “hydrated” – and want there to be some liquid left in the risotto when serving. This process should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and parmesan cheese. Stir in the fresh parsley and lemon juice. Taste the risotto and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the risotto immediately. Sprinkle with extra parmesan and parsley for serving!