Pomegranate Aperol Spritz.
If you’re sick of apple cider cocktails, make a Pomegranate Aperol Spritz! Tart, fruity and citrusy, it’s refreshing while also being the perfect taste of fall.
Prettiest cocktail on the block today!
I’d like an aperol spritz for every happy hour, from here on out! It’s beautiful and delicious and refreshing and wonderful.
Need I say more?!
Okay so if you’re sick of apple cider cocktails, I have the PERFECT drink for you. I mean, I absolutely love anything with apple cider. But I understand that not all of you do, and sometimes you just need a break from the cinnamony drink. Sometimes you want something more refreshing than warm. Something more citrusy and icy!
Enter the pomegranate aperol spritz. The perfect flavor combination cocktail for your fall weekend, Halloween celebration or Thanksgiving dinner.
This isn’t entirely new to me. Remember a few years ago when I made a winter aperol spritz with cranberry and rosemary?! That was my first foray into a flavored aperol spritz and I loved it.
And oh yes – I decided we most definitely needed a fall version.
Ironically, I have also made a spritz with apple cider! It’s delicious and wonderful.
But so is this!
I actually like this one more than the winter spritz.
And I love pomegranate so much more than cranberry! I love that pomegranate has that tart punch but is also fruity and juicy. Combined with the orange?! Oooooh it is SO good.
This is all you need for your pomegranate aperol spritz:
- Aperol over ice. This is one of my favorite things! Of course I prefer crushed ice, but use what you’ve got!
- A splash of pomegranate juice. I say around one to two ounces – based on your preference. Add one ounce and then taste. Add more if you’d like more pomegranate flavor punch!
- Prosecco comes next! My absolute favorite. It’s SO good, and you don’t need to break the bank on a bottle.
- Finally, a splash of seltzer to balance things out.
The end result is a refreshing and citrusy spritz. It’s so light and wonderful, but has that classic pomegranate flavor. Oh and can we talk about how gorgeous it is too?!
Just look at that aperol and pomegranate swirling together to create the most beautiful shade. I love it!
Pomegranate Aperol Spritz
Pomegranate Aperol Spritz
- 3 ounces Aperol
- 1 to 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces Prosecco
- 1 splash of seltzer
- 1 orange wedge
- pomegranate arils for garnish optional
- Fill a glass with ice. Combine the aperol and pomegranate juice and stir. Pour in the Prosecco. Finish with a splash of seltzer and an orange wedge. Drop in pomegranate arils if you wish!