Chipotle Creamed Corn with Garlic Breadcrumbs.
This post is sponsored by ALDI! This chipotle creamed corn is a modern twist on the classic favorite! Dreamy, creamy corn with a touch of heat, some herbs and lots of crunchy golden bread crumbs on top!
How to get everyone to love a new dish on Thanksgiving? Make creamed corn!
Chipotle creamed corn that is. Oh heck yes. A little sweetness, a little heat.
This creamy, savory corn with so much texture and crunch is fabulous. It complements all the traditional Thanksgiving sides so well too.
Our Thanksgiving spread this week is out of this world. So far, we have these beautiful stuffed acorn squash, French onion mashed potatoes, maple mustard brussels sprouts and now chipotle creamed corn!
Not to mention, this citrus butter turkey from last year. Just look at that baby! So golden and crisp and delicious. I can smell it in my kitchen!
All week, I’m sharing my annual Thanksgiving spread with you. How Sweet Eats Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year, and for many of you, it’s yours too! This week is extra special, because I’m sharing an entire menu that you can make with ingredients from ALDI.
We adore ALDI. Not only do we have one in our backyard (truly!) but I’ve partnered with them for years and I can’t even express how wonderful they are. I’ve got to explore so many ingredients, dishes and products from ALDI that have become daily staples for us. Not only do we do our big grocery shop at ALDI each week, I can also do my entire holiday shop there too.
They have ALL THE THINGS!!
Every single dish I’m sharing this week? You can grab each ingredient at ALDI. Their products are incredibly affordable and shopping there is so efficient. ALDI is taking a ton of stress off my holiday plate this year.
P.S. you can also easily make my best stuffing recipe (ever!) from last year with ingredients from ALDI too. It’s a must try!
Today’s chipotle creamed corn is going to become a dish on your Thanksgiving table for years to come. I can almost guarantee it will be a staple that people ask for over and over!
First, it’s embarrassingly easy! Second, it’s wildly flavorful. Third, it’s a side dish that has lovely leftovers and goes with just about anything. You will LOVE it.
How to make chipotle cream corn happen:
- We’re going with frozen corn here. It’s the easiest! I like to use the Simply Nature Organic Corn from ALDI. You don’t even have to defrost it first. How easy is that?
- The next ingredient is the key: the chipotle peppers. I use the Pueblo Lindo Canned Chipotle Peppers from ALDI and they are delish. These peppers are also spicy. The great news is that you can adjust the heat depending on how many you use. I like to use two peppers in the corn, along with some of the sauce from the can. It doesn’t add too much spice, but it adds a little flavorful heat if that makes sense. I’m a baby and don’t like super spicy foods!
- The corn requires a touch of sugar, a little butter, plus, salt and pepper of course.
- Heavy cream is necessary for creamed corn. The Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream at ALDI is perfect. You also need whole milk, because we’re going to make a slurry with flour to thicken the creamed corn. This is my favorite way to thicken dishes! It’s so easy and works great each time.
- My favorite part? The crispy crunchy breadcrumbs on top. These are an extra step but they are certainly worth it. Grab the Chef’s Cupboard Panko Breadcrumbs from ALDI, then cook them with a little butter and garlic. Oh my word.
I’ve talked for years about how much family loves a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. They don’t always appreciate my twists and spins on the classics, unless it’s for a second meal, of course! But I’ve got to tell you that this creamed corn is an exception.
Everyone flips over this dish. Even the kids like it. It has every element of flavor you need in a good, classic side dish.
It has enough nostalgic flavor that it doesn’t disrupt a classic Thanksgiving spread, but it’s also unique enough to be a part of a new tradition or fancy Friendsgiving spread.
Chipotle Creamed Corn
Chipotle Creamed Corn with Garlic Breadcrumbs
- 2 (10 ounce ) packages Simple Nature Organic Frozen Corn
- 2 Pueblo Lindo Canned Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce, diced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Simply Nature Organic Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup Simply Nature Organic Omega-3 Whole Milk
- 2 tablespoons Baker’s Corner All-Purpose Flour
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Emporium Selection Parmesan Italian Cheese Wedge
- fresh herbs, such as parsley, for topping
- 1 tablespoon Simply Nature Organic Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup Chef’s Cupboard Panko Breadcrumbs
- Heat the corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in a big pinch of salt and pepper. Stir, cooking until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Combine the milk and flour in a shaker cup with a lid. Shake for 30 seconds to create a slurry. Whisk the slurry into the cream mixture. Cook the corn, stirring often, until it thickens and is creamy, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Taste the mixture and add more salt and pepper if needed or even more chipotle peppers if you wish.
- Pour the corn into a serving dish or bowl. Top with the crunchy garlic breadcrumbs and some fresh herbs if you wish. Serve!
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 20 seconds. Add the breadcrumbs and stir continuously, cook until they are golden and toasty. Remove from the heat and sprinkle all over the creamed corn.