Spiced Orange Gin & Tonic.
This spiced orange gin and tonic is the perfect cocktail for the holiday season! Citrusy and spiced, along with being extra refreshing and icy. So delicious!
Perfect holiday season cocktail, coming right up!
This spiced orange gin and tonic is icy cold and refreshing, in a snowy holiday kind of way. Spiced orange syrup, gin and all its botanical flavors and tonic water over ice. This is serious present-wrapping or Thanksgiving-cooking perfection.
This time of year, I love making anything orange and spiced. Which is crazy, because I’m not a huge orange person. Like those chocolate oranges at Christmas that people would get in their stockings? Zero appeal to me. I do love the occasional chocolate covered citrus peel or even chocolate covered clementines, but only a bit. It’s never the flavor combo I’ll choose.
But spiced orange cocktails? Okay, I’m sold. When the thought of spiced orange syrup is mixed with icy boozy tonic water, it sounds fab to me.
A few years ago I shared these spiced orange spritzers and OH MY GOSH, they are heavenly. They are SO so delicious – a perfect treat for Thanksgiving morning, or even the day after. (However I will say, I’m a little partial to my tree trimming punch the day after Thanksgiving!).
These spiced orange gin and tonics are like that, but a bit more grown up and refreshing. No sparkling wine here, only gin. And tonic. And spiced orange syrup. Ha!
Oh plus a sprig of rosemary or something similar. To make it extra festive.
How to make spiced orange gin and tonic perfection:
- I make the spiced orange syrup with water, sugar, orange peel, star anise and crushed cardamom pods. It’s fabulous. I got the idea from the syrup in my cranberry cider punch mocktail. That syrup is legendary here. It’s super flavorful and just screams fall and winter.
- My go-to gin tends to be Hendricks, but any gin you love will work here.
- Tonic water! I like the fever tree brand, which is some good stuff. Using a quality tonic water here makes all the difference too.
- You can throw in a slice of orange, a star anise or that sprig of rosemary for some fun festiveness. It also makes the whole glass smell fantastic and citrusy and fresh.
- Drink up and enjoy!
Spiced Orange Gin and Tonic
Spiced Orange Gin and Tonic
spiced orange syrup
gin and tonic
- 1 to 2 ounces spiced orange syrup
- 2 ounces gin
- 4 ounces tonic water
- spritz of fresh orange wedge
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- spiced orange syrup
- Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Whisk until the sugar dissolves. Bring the mixture to a simmer then turn off the heat. Let cool to room temperature - you can store this in the fridge for a week or so. I leave the orange and spices in for even more flavor infusion. It’s great to make ahead of time!
- gin and tonic
- Fill the glass with ice. Add in the orange syrup and gin - you can add as much syrup as you'd like. Top with the tonic water. Stir to combine. Add a fresh orange wedge and a sprig of rosemary.