1. This ultimate kale salad is calling my name! It must be my kale christmas ornament.
2. I had no idea how squeamish I would be about Max loosing teeth! I don’t know what it is but eeeek… it’s like I can’t handle it. Ha! I don’t remember being this way when I lost my own teeth?
3. Years ago I mentioned how Max thought the lyrics of Feliz Navidad were “feliz naughty dog.” Over the weekend, Emilia told us that it’s “police naughty dog.” We just about died. She was 100% serious.
4. How to get rid of the sunday scaries. I do #1 and #2 every week!
5. I need a good new at-home winter coffee suggestion! I almost always have iced coffee and had a really good thing going for all. Taking all suggestions for festive winter coffees that don’t include peppermint.
6. TV things!! The best part of Yellowstone this week was Beth’s intermittent fasting comment. Also what are you thoughts on the new Dexter? I am watching it but it’s maybe just giving me nostalgic vibes? A little predictable but I kind of like it. Also want to watch Spencer!
7. Also why am I unreasonably excited for the Sing 2 movie to come out. This is my life now.
8. This is definitely a different outlook on the last two years (and going forward? ugh!).
9. What are you reading right now? Every year at this time I want to reread Elin Hilderbrand’s winter street series. Some of my favorite books of all time.
10. This year I set up a hot cocoa bar in our kitchen and it’s our favorite thing ever!
18 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
OMG….Beth is the ultimate. “I’m adjusting it to fit my lifestyle “ 🤣🤣🤣
My mother-in-law is a retired teacher’s aide and she tell the story of one little boy who sang “Filipe’s not a dog”………….totally ruined the song for me but makes me laugh every time I hear it!
The coffee shop How You Brewin’ in Long Beach Island, NJ, has the very best flavored coffee! They ship nationwide. I stock up every summer for the entire year. My favorites are bourbon pecan and salted caramel, but they also have gingerbread for the holidays!
I remember my mom being grossed out by our loose/lost teeth! Ha! I didn’t mind my own or my siblings’, so I wonder if it’s one of these funny old people things that happen to us in life, like how you never got an upset tummy on roller coasters as a kid but then you do as an adult?
1. Teeth: yes, it’s so gross! My 6 year old always wants me to look in his mouth at the hole and 🤮
2. Coffee: this isn’t seasonal really but Panera hazelnut is my go to hot coffee year round. If you want a non-coffee drink though, order a steamed apple juice with a chai tea bag at Starbucks. It tastes like apple pie.
The silk almond creamer – the oatmeal cookie one! It’s so so good in hot and iced coffee. It feels seasonal without being too Christmassy!
yes! i second this recommendation, it’s surprisingly delicious.
i also love a coffee with maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt.
I, too, am an iced coffee drinker and will never stop even when it’s below freezing outside! This time of year I love to use eggnog as my “creamer” for a festive treat. It’s like a Starbucks Iced eggnog latte, but cheaper. :)
Seconding this eggnog recommendation! If you’re an eggnog person, it’s a winner. Also, doing the whole dalgona coffee/whipped coffee thing and serving it over iced eggnog instead of milk (or half nog/half milk to keep it from being super sweet) is a whole experience in and of itself!
My absolute FAVORITE Winter Coffee is Barnie’s Santa’s White Christmas Blend (I get this at Publix!) It’s a blend of Coconut, vanilla, sweet caramel and nuts (no peppermint!!!) and it comes in Pods and Ground. I love it hot, but I also sometimes make it at night and chill it in the fridge overnight for iced coffee in the morning. There’s even Barnie’s Santa’s White Christmas Ice Cream! I think you would love this coffee. If you can’t find it in stores, you can order it online: https://www.barniescoffee.com/collections/premium-flavored-bagged-coffee
I am all in for Dexter: New Blood. Jennifer Carpenter as sister Deb/Dark Passenger and her commentary makes it. Hopefully Harrison doesn’t have his own but it looks that way. Does anybody watch Yellowjackets? What high school soccer team dynamics goes so wrong?
I use eggnog in my coffee all holiday season. I am now going to try the oatmeal cookie almond creamer suggestion.
Check out Door County Coffee Co. The standard in my house is their Cinnamon Hazelnut but I just ordered a few of their Christmas blends yesterday that I had tried last year in a sampler pack (of pot sized packets or ground coffee). The sampler pack does include a peppermint variety – that is still sitting in my cupboard from last year.
I have a nephew who referred to Jesus and his 12 opossums. And could not understand how his older brother, the smart aleck, didn’t know it was the Easter BUNNY – because he’s a rabbit!
Read your post and then saw a mug at Kohl’s that says, “Feliz naughty dog”—too funny!
I love Christmas books! Last year, I read two by Sarah Morgan – The Christmas Sisters and A Wedding in December. I loved them both! Also, The Red Bird Christmas by Fannie Flagg is such a delightful story. Right now, I’m reading The Christmas Wedding Guest by Susan Mallery. I’m really enjoying it!
Your Autumn Syrup! I had leftover syrup from thanksgiving and added it to my oat milk latte the next day. So yummy! ❤️❤️
1) so totally squeamish when my little guy started losing teeth and that surprised me! He’s 9 now and I still don’t want to see the loose teeth
2) time for a light eggnog latte from the Bucks – I like the light because it isn’t as thick and cloying, but still a great flavor 3) Can’t wait for Sing 2, it looks great! Happy Holidays, Jessica and fam.
Coffee suggestion: make a spiced simple syrup (cinnamon sticks, star anise, clove, etc.) to add to your coffee. It makes it feel festive without adding too much richness. And it’s good hot or iced! Cheers!
The Nespresso Vanilla Custard is a great coffee treat! I am not in to overly sweet coffee and it is just the perfect amount of something special and I love it as an afternoon pick me up.