Make This Pink Peppermint Popcorn Over Holiday Break!
This peppermint popcorn is so fun and festive! Popcorn drizzled with white chocolate and topped with crunchy peppermint, then tossed with marshmallows. Perfect for snacking during the holiday season!
Holiday week just got a whole lot sweeter!
And snackier. As if we need more snacks right now. I can already see all the snacks in the near future and how two weeks from now, I’ll want nothing but “a real meal!”
But for now, peppermint popcorn. With pink sprinkles and candy cane fun.
Along with a big old white chocolate drizzle.
Of course, you can do a milk or dark chocolate drizzle too! All work. All are super ridiculously delicious.
This is the PERFECT snack to make and cozy up with on the couch while you watch Christmas Vacation or The Holiday or The Family Stone or Four Christmases. Those are all some of my fave! Home Alone gets lots of votes in our house too right now. First and second.
So grab a bowl of this and a mug of hot chocolate and let’s get to it!
Our house has turned into a very pro-popcorn house recently.
I’ve always been rather “meh” on popcorn. It’s not something I necessarily crave, but then once I start eating it, I can’t stop!
However, in the last few years it has really become a favorite snack. And now that my kids are enjoying it so much, we have it often.
Growing up, my dad made legit popcorn. Right on the stove, in a big pot with oil. No microwave. He loved it! I liked it, but he didn’t use salt or butter so my kids taste buds weren’t immediately sold. Either way, it’s been a go-to snack in the family for as long as I can remember.
I use the classic pop method as often as I can here and I really love using coconut oil in the pot. You can use whatever you have on hand or if you’re in a pinch, just make a bag of microwaved popcorn and sprinkle it with fancy things!
Here’s how it goes down:
- Pop your popcorn! You can drizzle on a little butter after if you wish, but I don’t find that it needs it.
- Drizzle it with melted white chocolate! Or milk or dark – whatever you love the most.
- Add on some pink sprinkles. Add on some crushed candy canes or even these Andes peppermint chunks. We love them so much, but you need to get them early in the season because they always sell out.
- Throw in some marshmallows if you wish! Classic plain mini marshmallows or even these pink ones or pretty peppermint marshmallows.
- Serve it with hot chocolate. Or champagne. Cozy up under a blanket and grab a book or a movie. SO FUN!
And now your holiday plans are set. Enjoy!
Pink Peppermint Popcorn
Pink Peppermint Popcorn
- 8 to 10 cups popcorn
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted
- kosher salt
- pink sprinkles
- ½ cup crushed candy canes or peppermint baking chips, or both!
- 2 big handfuls of mini marshmallows, for tossing in
- Drizzle the popcorn with the melted white chocolate. Sprinkle all over with a pinch of salt. Sprinkle with pink sprinkles. Add on the crushed candy canes or peppermint baking chips. Toss in the marshmallows!
- Serve and enjoy.
And it’s PINK!!