Pull-Apart Buffalo Chicken Sliders with Gorgonzola Slaw.
These amazing pull-apart buffalo chicken sliders are so easy and delicious. You can have these on the table in 30 minutes and they are a huge crowd pleaser! Top with gorgonzola slaw for an extra pop of flavor. Delish!
Weekend eats, coming right up!
The end of football season always brings out many obnoxious buffalo chicken recipes on the blog. This is no exception!
After this I promise we’re done. Almost. I think?
Either way, you should definitely make those buffalo chicken wraps from a few weeks ago. And then make these cheesy buffalo chicken sliders!
Remember my cheeseburger sliders from last year? These are like those, but buffalo-ed. And with chicken instead of beef. They are delicious with a hint of heat and a crisp refreshing slaw on top that is a fabulous contrast to the chicken.
This slaw is one of my favorite things to serve with anything buffalo-ish. The recipe was first in my cookbook Seriously Delish but I’ve featured it here a bunch of times too! My favorite being my grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches which may just be the best summer sandwich ever.
I know, how many ways can I make a buffalo chicken sandwich? Well, let me show you.
These sliders are kind of like those too, again with shredded chicken. I make this SUPER easy. We’re talking 20 minutes, tops. I like to use rotisserie chicken for this because it’s the simplest method of all. I shred it, toss it with wing sauce and some green onions and chives, then layer it between buns with sharp cheddar.
If you don’t want to use rotisserie, you can cook and shred the chicken yourself. I like to bake it or grill it. Or maybe you have leftover chicken from dinner one night – take it and shred it! Easy as that.
My favorite method for sliders like this is to do a layer of cheese on the bottom before the meat. Like I did for the cheeseburger sliders! Not only does the end result come out deliciously soft and cheesy, everyone FLIPS OVER THESE.
Seriously flips. They are nothing special but at the same time, everything special.
The cheese on the bottom also means that the top buns are not cheese-glued on. Which means SLAW TIME.
You have two options for the gorgonzola slaw.
First, you can serve it on the side! This allows people to either eat it as a side dish or lift the top bun to throw it on the sandwich themselves.
Or the other option, which is to remove the top layer of slider buns right when they come out of the oven (it’s easy because they are in one piece and the cheese is on the bottom) and add the slaw on to serve them fully loaded.
Both work. Both are fantastic. Depends on how you want to serve!
A pro tip: if you think all the sliders will be enjoyed in one sitting, the slaw on top works great. If you think you’ll have leftovers, serve the slaw in single servings for the sliders so it doesn’t ruin the leftovers.
These are the things I’m good for.
This is a highly requested game day recipe and everyone will LOVE it.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Pull-Apart Buffalo Chicken Sliders
buffalo chicken sliders
- 1 loaf of 12-count slider buns, such as brioche buns or hawaiian rolls
- ½ cup hot sauce (like frank’s red hot or frank’s buffalo wing)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I like to use a rotisserie chicken!)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 cups chopped/shredded green or savoy cabbage or 1 (14oz) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese, plus extra for serving if you wish
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or avocado oil or another oil you love
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the slab of slider rolls in half horizontally, keeping them attached as much as you can. Place the bottom of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and place the hot sauce and butter in it. Cook just until the butter melts, stirring often. You can also do this in the microwave!
- Place the shredded chicken in a large bowl. Toss it with almost all of the buffalo wing sauce, reserving just a bit to drizzle on top.
- Place the sliced sharp cheddar on the bottom layer of the slider buns. Top with the shredded chicken. Drizzle on any of the extra sauce.
- Top with the slider buns. Brush with a touch of olive oil or butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds or everything seasoning.
- Bake the sliders for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melty. While they bake, make the gorgonzola slaw.
- Remove the sliders. If you’re going to serve them all at once, lift the top layer of buns and pile the slaw on top to serve. If you want to save some sliders for leftovers, serve the slaw on the side and let people add it to their own sandwiches. Enjoy!
- Place the shredded cabbage, cilantro and carrots in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the cheese, yogurt, lime juice and olive oil.
- Pour it over the cabbage and toss thoroughly until everything is combined. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and toss well. The slaw will not be super creamy and saucy - it’s very much a light coating. Serve it on the side or on top of the sliders.
I love a saucy sandwich.