1. January seemed like such a bust over here. I’m thinking from here on out it has to be a trial/reset month and not a crazy goal month.
2. How good does this white lasagna soup look?!
3. I saw someone on IG put coconut syrup in their diet coke and I hate how much I am dying to try this.
4. Stop motivating yourself with guilt. Oh this is so goooood.
5. TV things!! Let’s see. Still watching And Just Like That but not that into it… the Steve scenes killed me. Very much enjoying Euphoria even though it makes me feel 1. insane and 2. terrified for my children but wow Eric Dane is so good in that terrible role. His meltdown scene in the foyer is probably the hardest scene I’ve ever watched!
6. Okay yes this is the third week in a row that I have mentioned Wordle but I’ve been playing the archives and I’ve got Eddie hooked and I don’t even want to tell you how many times we played this weekend. Also sort of sad that the NYT bought Wordle.
7. Best book you’ve read so far this year? my January reads are coming tomorrow and I’m happy to say it was such a great month of reading. Last night I started this one.
8. I’ve mentioned these before too but it’s a new year and everyone could use some journaling prompts to get you out of your head.
9. You know how the iphone has “people” in your contacts and matches photos to people? It puts pictures of Jordan in both Max and Emilia’s category! It’s crazy.
12 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I’m keep putting off Euphoria cause it seems like it will freak me out for my kids. But will prob dive in soon.
If you need an antidote, I just finished “The Sex Loves of College Girls” and it is a fun watch with some seriousness that made me more encouraged that the kids are alright. :)
Also hard agree on Just Like That.
I didn’t know there was a Wordle archive!! I’ve just been playing Wordle Unlimited but this makes my completionist self so happy.
Coconut syrup in their diet coke…adds coconut syrup to her grocery list.
Thank you for introducing me to Wordle! I use your 2 opening word suggestions and they are really good. Thanks for the archives-now I can play more than once a day!
I am new here, I just ordered your cookbook because Ashley Spivey is featuring it in her #cookbookclub for February! I have been enjoying cooking more, so I can’t wait to try your recipes!
I read 11 books in January and I think my favorite was Midnight Library but The Lincoln Highway and Ties that Tether were close contenders!
TV wise- have you watched The Way Down on HBO Max? I was fascinated!
season 1 of Euphoria absolutely terrified me in the deepest way as the mom of a teen daughter. I literally couldn’t watch it anymore no matter that I know it’s a really good show.
as for And Just Like That. sigh. it’s so ‘meh’ Carrie drives me nuts, but i feel like i need to watch since i invested so many years into SATC.
Wait. You’ve never heard of people putting coconut syrup in their Diet Coke?! It’s been a thing for years! A Dirty Diet Coke. I can’t believe I knew about something before you, lol
https://ourbestbites.com/dirty-diet-coke/ I don’t drink diet sodas so I use regular, it’s the best thing ever.
Oh, coconut syrup in Diet Coke is the best. Especially when you use ice and squeeze lime over the ice and then the coke and then the syrup. It’s amazing. Like a guilt free tropical cocktail.
I’m going to make one now.
Also, and just like that is trash. I hate it. I wanted to love it.
Oddly, euphoria does not seem interesting to me because absolutely does not portray the teenage scene that I know with my teenagers. Maybe they’re younger, but it’s seems way too far fetched for me. I also have boys so that might be it too. Thank you for sharing about the Wordle archive!!! I know what I’ll be doing for a while. Hahaha
I recently read Verity by Colleen Hoover, finished it in less than 24 hours! Although I prefer her romance novels, I did like this thriller! New fave author!!!
oh boy, now that you’ve posted the Wordle archive, I’m not sure I’ll get any work done…