1. The melting smile emoji it 100% my new favorite emoji.
2. I really want to try this spicy margarita with a chamoy rim! I’ve never tried chamoy but see it allll over IG reels
3. Speaking of, how do you feel on reels these days? IG is such a bummer.
4. We live in an area that has a lot of stinkbugs (awesome) and they get in our house… Eddie thinks it’s hilarious that when he grabs them to get rid of them, he “accidentally” drops them and dances around. Not so funny because HE KEEPS DROPPING THEM and then they disappear.
5. What’s one pandemic-related chore that you’re keeping around? For me it’s grocery delivery. It’s so hit or miss, many times the produce is iffy and occasionally items are forgotten, but it is the best money spent. Well worth it to me!
6. TV things!! Okay so.. I was a bit… underwhelmed by This Is Us last week. I did like it, I thought it was clever and really well done. But something was just… missing for me. I don’t know what! Hmm… I watched Working Moms. I still find all the characters incredibly unlikable but blow through the show every time!
7. The things I’d do if I wasn’t afraid. I love this!
8. This weekend I (re?)discovered Fresca which I thought was more of a soda, but rebranded (I went down the rabbit hole, trust me) a few years ago and now is a serious grapefruit soda water. And OMG if you love grapefruit, you will freak. It is so delicious. Better than any grapefruit spindrift or seltzer ever.
9. The coastal grandma trend is basically my dream. Put me in a Nancy Meyers movie.
10. P.S. Summer Fridays returns next week!
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
Yay for Summer Fridays!! :)
Target day of delivery. I will never quit. I bought the year Shipt membership and it was the best present I have to myself during the pandemic and during maternity leave.
I feel the same way about the Working Moms characters, though I guess I like Kate part of the time.
I loved the TIU ending! It wrapped up everything I needed/wanted but it didn’t feel forced or rushed. I ugly-cried the hell out of it. It’s so hard to write the finale of a show, I can’t think of many who got it “right” but I think they did for TIU.
I hate the Instagram pivot to video/reels. *Especially* on home renovation type accounts. I want to actually see the finished room/area not a quick pan over. That’s not helpful!
So excited for Summer Fridays! I look forward to it every year! Also I felt the same about last weeks episode of this is us- I watched it a few days after it aired so I’m thinking maybe it was all the hype?
Grocery delivery for sure! Agree about the produce sometimes being so-so, but still totally worth it!
Instagram has become the worst- I made a change a while ago to only follow people I know (ie can text them!) and it’s really improved my mental health, reduced the time spent on Instagram. The reels that have been suggested seem so fake/ or clickbait
I too love the “melty smiley” – never knew I needed that little thing to properly express myself lol
Yes to grocery delivery! I have used it every Friday for 1.5 years now and am not sure it would even be possible to go back. I’ve been very lucky in that I often have the same shoppers and they do such a good job on produce (hopefully I’m not jinxing it now).
Now if Target drive-up will start taking returns like they are testing, my life will be MADE.
Oh I am so with you on grocery delivery! I cannot go back!! It’s so worth it. My husband is always doing our budget and I’m always begging him to not take that away 😂
Fresca has always been the best grapefruit soda. period. I love it so much and it’s perfect for summer (or any time..)
my personal insta is 90% people i know IRL so i’ve escaped ‘reels’ … i mean let TIk Tok be Tik Tok and Instagram be photos. sigh.
and yes to the melting smiley face! it’s perfect for life these days
I cried through that entire episode of This Is Us but I’m also one week postpartum so it’s NOT a good time to watch that show! 😂
also not into the instagram reels!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Fresca! I rediscovered it on a trip to Mexico this spring. Now I want to drink it all the time!