1. I need this fried pickle ranch dip. WOW.
2. Our local farm closed and I am so sad. When I tell you that I got nearly all of my summer produce there – the best local corn, tomatoes, peaches, cantaloupe, green beans. Super bummed!
3. The most exciting groceries in America.
4. TV things!! I’ve watched The Summer I Turned Pretty twice now the whole way through. I’m obsessed and think it’s so cute.
5. I took the kids to see Jurassic World over the weekend and just have to say – why is that soda machine thing that can give you all sorts of the flavors the best thing ever? I’ve never even cared for carbonated drinks (aside from the occasionally diet coke!) but the fact that I can get a diet cherry vanilla coke from that thing is amazing.
6. Do you call it soda or pop? I called it pop growing up… Eddie kind of converted me to soda.
7. Being at the movies made me think of candy we liked when I was growing up. Like why was I so obsessed with Nerds? I think it was because it came in a box, and you could get the watermelon version which had hot pink and neon green on opposite sides.
8. FYI my neon obsession will never die. Never.
9. I love these habit hacks from my of my favorite books.
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I despise the drink machine with all the flavors! I want my Coke to taste like Coke…not like Coke mixed with whatever the person before me got.
We went to see Jurassic Park too! I really enjoyed it. And yes, the soda machine is the best. I usually get like 5 flavors LOL
I was born in Ohio (Youngstown) and so called it pop for the first years of my life. We moved to Delaware when was I about seven, which I was generally not happy about, and had a meltdown after we went to a restaurant for the first time because “they don’t even have pop here”. Having lived on either coast since then, pop fears very weird to say (even though it is what my all of my extended family says).
have you read the summer i turned pretty books? i only read the first one a while back but now i’m thinking of reading the others! the show was so sweet.
Michigander and I grew up saying “pop” but now that I live in the South I do say “soda” (I don’t often drink soda but it’s common to specifically ask for what I want by brand- me at Publix: do you have Vernor’s?”
Because I’m a super cool grown up, I was so excited to make a flavored seltzer last time I was by one of those coke machines I thought I could get any flavored seltzer water and was disappointed at the lack of flavors offered – whomp whomp
OMG this is me exactly…grew up in Michigan and always said “pop” but when my family moved to Florida everyone made fun of me so I switched to saying “soda”!! haha and I am still a Vernor’s lover!! It’s fabulous in a ‘Mule”!
I’m from South Carolina and everything is a “Coke.” LOL! It doesn’t matter if it’s a Dr. Pepper, or a Pepsi, or a Sprite. It’s a “Coke.” Hey, I don’t make the rules. :)
Same for Alabama. That’s just the way it is.
Haha! Love that! :)
You just blew my mind! As a Canadian I was always led to believe that Canadians called it “pop” and Americans called it “soda”!
Also, that fried dill pickle dip???!!! Are you freaking kidding me??!!!!!! Mind blown again.
I live in the deep south, and we call everything “coke”. What kind of coke do you want?
I’m from Iowa and everyone says pop. Because I now spend time in Arizona, I’ve switched to saying soda.
I just finished “The Summer I Turned Pretty” and I am obsessed! I can’t wait for a new season to come out. I also totally agree about the Nerds. I was at the store yesterday and found Nerds Gummies- which are equally awesome and worth the buy.