Triple Berry Cheesecake Galette.
This triple berry cheesecake galette is so lovely for the summer season. Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries baked on a cheesecake filling in a flaky, buttery crust. Perfect for the 4th of July!
I have a festive little fruit tart for you today!
A triple berry galette is such a fabulous dessert to make this summer. Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries come together with a creamy cheesecake-like filling to bring a satisfying and soul-warming treat to your season.
It’s been how long and I still haven’t mastered pie crust? Nope.
Enter the galette. Because it’s my savoir every single time.
I’ve made many different fruit galettes over the years. They are one of my favorite things to make, especially in summer, because they are SO MUCH EASIER than pie.
They are practically foolproof.
Come out fabulous every time, even with their rustic crust.
And in my personal opinion, maybe even better than pie because I’m pretty sure you get more crust per filling and that… I love. Oh yes.
I’ve done a ginger peach galette, a sour cherry galette, a blueberry peach galette, a stone fruit galette and even a savory chicken pot pie galette! And those are just the summer varieties. I’ve made many different apple galettes, blue cheese and pear galettes and even a winter vegetable galette.
See? I told you that I was obsessed.
Now it is no secret that I love a warm galette with vanilla ice cream. The melty vanilla rivers… oh my word. The warm and juicy fruit. Buttery crust with a crunch from the coarse sugar – the combo is just so perfect.
But here is what I love about this galette with a cheesecake filling… it doesn’t require ice cream! Nope. I mean, I guess you really COULD add ice cream if you wanted. But the main thing here is that we have our creamy element with the cheesecake filling, so we’re set.
That means this is easier for serving a group, doesn’t have to be served piping hot and is just simpler to manage in general.
This galette is perfect for the 4th of July – if only for obvious reasons. The triple berry combo PLUS the cheesecake filling makes for the perfect red, white and blue dessert. I’m all about the festive treats right now!
For the crust, I use mother lovett’s pie dough which is wonderful. I like to make two crusts worth and stick one in the fridge so I always have one on hand. This crust is made with butter (though my grandma used lard, of course) and is incredibly flakey and delicious.
The filling is made with cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, whipped until silky smooth and creamy as can be, then thinly layered on the dough before being topped with all the juicy berries. I could eat the filling with a spoon alone. It’s decadent and rich and dreamy.
I use a mix of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries because I love them together and they are also pretty. So vibrant and bright. You can use all three, or choose two, or even just use blueberries alone if you wish.
Once everything is baked together, the end result is incredible!
Crunchy crust that is super flakey, filled with juicy, bursting fruit and rich cheesecake filling. The cheesecake complements the berries, which also have a hint of tartness. I love this.
Make it for the weekend!
Triple Berry Cheesecake Galette
Triple Berry Cheesecake Galette
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cups cold unsalted butter cut into pieces, 3 sticks or 24 tablespoons
- 1 egg + a few drops of water beaten together, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons raw coarse sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 ½ cusp strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- NOTE: this makes TWO galette crusts! I highly suggest following this recipe and making two - stick one in the freezer so you have it when needed. You can freeze it for 3 months!
- Add the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt to a food processor and pulse just until combined. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, vinegar and water. Add the cold butter pieces into the food processor and pulse until small coarse crumbs remain. Sprinkle the water/egg mixture over the flour and pulse again until the dough comes together.
- Remove the dough with your hands and wrap it in plastic wrap. This dough makes enough for 2 galette crusts, so separate it into 2 sections now, – or separate it after it’s refrigerated.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Freeze one of the other balls of dough!
- After 30 minutes, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Remove one of the crusts from the fridge.
- Combine the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries in a large bowl. Sprinkle the sugar and flour over the fruit and toss it well. Let sit until ready to use.
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Beat in the sugar, egg, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Beat until combined and smooth.
- Roll one of the pie crusts into a… “rustic”shape – like a big rectangle or circle with ragged edges, until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Place the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spread three quarters of the cheesecake filling mixture on the dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Place the berries on top of the filling. Once the fruit is layered, fold the crust over top of it - it doesn’t have to look perfect or fancy. Dollop some of the remaining cheesecake filling over the berries.
- Brush the crust with the beaten egg wash. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Bake the galette until the crust is golden and the fruit is syrupy, about 40 to 45 minutes. Let it cool slightly before slicing and serving with a fresh mint leaf.
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
13 Comments on “Triple Berry Cheesecake Galette.”
this looks SO GOOD. i’m all about this galette 😍
This looks amazing. Do you think it would work to submit pitted cherries for one of the berries?
It is an awesome recipe. Thx
great recipe and making of cheesecake also you can order them at providore online grocery shopping in sri lanka
Can I use frozen berries?
Thanks for the triple berry cheesecake galette recipe.
Thanks for this recipe. It looks beautiful and delicious! Is it really 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract for the filling or rather 1 Teaspoon? Just checking because I have never seen that much vanilla extract in any of the recipes I have ever tried. Many thanks!
Wow this tart looks heavenly good. Saved it and will try it for the weekend. Hopefully I won’t ruin it.
Yes yes yes!
This looks so good! I have a question, since it makes two galette crusts, is the recipe provided enough for two galettes, or would I need to make the filling twice. Thanks!
Hello! This recipe looks great! How to thaw the frozen half of the dough?
i thaw in the fridge overnight!
Great, thank you! I look forward to trying this recipe!