1. It’s definitely s’mores sundae season.
2. Anyone else feel like their house has to be completely spotless and uncluttered before a trip or vacation? Why am I like this. It’s basically impossible.
3. Okay I finally got the peach truck peaches and they are great. Like I got them off the truck. Have made 3 peach cobblers for people, peach salsa, peach caprese and peach pizza. SO much peach.
5. As my kids get older and start to eat more, I kinda need to adjust my cooking expectations – as in, when I make a sunday dinner or something… we eat almost the entire thing. Like no leftovers. I used to make a meal and we’d have two or so days of leftovers. It’s crazy!
6. Speaking of, Max loves hot dogs. Yesterday he saw the hot dog eating competition for the first time and his mind was blown. He was screaming the entire time. “53 hot dogs?! 65 hot dogs?!” It made our forth.
7. Hello I would like to stay in this Dolly Parton suite.
8. TV things!! Started The Old Man last night. Have you watched? We still didn’t start Stranger Things and I need to.
9. On saying no. I love this and am all about a good boundary.
10. I want to make a s’mores version on the grill…
13 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
2) yes, absolutely. I always clean out the fridge too and bonus points if I can have the laundry done before a trip. I also like run the Roomba right before we get home
(I don’t have young kids lol)
OK – watch The Bear! Quick 8 – 30 minute episodes. I have the equivalent of a book hangover!
I feel ya on the house-cleaning before vacation, but there’s nothing better than coming home to a spotless house!
Number five! My stepson is with us for half the week, but recently we’ve had him a lot more as his mom can’t care for him. He’s only seven, but on the “extra” days, all I can think is…where’d the food go?? Need to start plussing up the food my husband and I cook…
2: I feel the same way. The last thing I want to do when I return from a trip is have to deal with a house that needs cleaning. I want to unpack, get groceries, and do laundry. That’s it.
Absolutely I have to clean my apartment before I leave, even if I’m only going to be gone overnight. Nothing worse than coming home tired from vacation and your home is messy!
When my girls were young I used to clean up everything before bed….not anymore…..I don’t know what has happened to me. Hahaha!😊
I’m really enjoying The Old Man. I also think Loot is fun. Is anyone an Orville fan?
Absolutely need to clean the house before a trip! Just got home today and there’s nothing like coming home to a spotless house , but with nothing in the fridge :(
#2 – YES!! My friends make fun of me because I always make sure to wash my sheets and towels before we leave (I usually schedule our cleaning lady to come while we’re gone so I otherwise just take care of the clutter).
#8 – Stranger Things is SO good! It was so much better than that one really weird season they had. I’ve finally started The Summer I Turned Pretty and am really loving it too.
#9 – learning how to say no was so hard, but it made life so much easier. I’m still really bad at doing it with my nieces though. They mostly ask for my time, which I don’t want to regret not giving them when they’re older and don’t think I’m cool anymore!
My neighbor insists her house be totally, perfectly clean before a vacation. She explains that she just loves coming home to a sparkly clean house that won’t need attention for at least a week…leaving a good amount of time for vacation recovery. Makes sense but sometimes is just hard to make happen…especially if one has three young, active children…right?
Absolutely love The Old Man. Episode 3 gets everything cooking!!! So good!
I feel #5! I have 3 sons (almost 10/8/5) and I’ve had to adjust my cooking over the last year so that we have leftovers for my husband to take for lunch the next day. It was a weird realization that yes 3 little kids now eat a significant amount of food 😂. My almost 10 year old definitely eats more than me at this point (and also has bigger feet than me)!