Crispy Pistachio Chicken with Zucchini Ribbon Salad.
This pistachio crusted chicken is super crisp and juicy with a nutty and rich breading. Serve alongside a zucchini ribbon salad that has lots of fresh lemon and parmesan cheese. It’s a match made in heaven!
Welcome to one the most made meals in my kitchen.
This crispy, nutty chicken is so buttery and rich, so crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside. It’s served with a zucchini ribbon salad, marinated in a lovely little vinaigrette with lots of shaved parmesan and is the most perfect complement to the crispy crunchy chicken.
I can’t get enough.
Seriously, this is one of my dream meals. This is one of those meals that I love to have for lunch or dinner – one that is easy for me to make and one that tastes so darn good.
See, another one of the meals I make more than anything is my parmesan crusted chicken with lemon arugula. You may recognize it because it’s also one of YOUR favorites. It’s one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
When I say that that is easily one of our favorite meals – something I make constantly, on repeat – again and again, I am not exaggerating. It’s so simple yet so flavorful, with lots of texture and crunch. And at the same time, it feels light and isn’t super heavy if you’re looking for that kind of meal.
Plus it just tastes amazing.
This is similar! Except we’re adding pistachios to our parm. Here we’re doing a pistachio parmesan crust and making a zucchini ribbon salad. These zucchini ribbons remind me of the arugula greens, but also of my shaved asparagus salad from earlier this year.
I have loved the pistachio crusted salmon all year long and knew this side dish would work based on that meal alone. So glad it does.
An easy vinaigrette, parmesan cheese, lots of salt and pepper – oooooh. That is what we pour on our zucchini ribbons and they take a little soak before serving. I don’t even understand how these simple ingredients come together to create something so delicious, but they sure do.
The zucchini basically marinates in the dressing and the ribbons are so thinly sliced – they will almost melt in your mouth. Lots of lemon is the key here as it brings so much refreshing flavor and bite.
I also love to use my parmesan vinaigrette here. Adding some freshly grated cheese to the dressing itself gives a rich and decadent flavor, which works so well on the raw zucchini. Of course, you can always add MORE parm to the zucchini ribbons. Are we even friends if you don’t?!
These tangy, lemony zucchini ribbons are the perfect side to the crunchy chicken. The salad is cool and refreshing and bright; the chicken is warm and crunchy and buttery.
When it comes to the chicken, you can bake it pan-fry. I am a huge proponent of baking my breaded chicken. I’ve done it for almost 15 years ago and have my system down, so it’s easy for me. I do use a wire rack and always spray that with nonstick spray – there is no way around it.
I also bake the chicken at a higher heat (at least 425 degrees F!) and spray the outsides with an olive oil mist to promote breading and golden crunch. The total time is around 30 minutes and you get a crispy, breaded chicken that tastes delish.
The other option is to pan fry. Fill your pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil, add your chicken and watch it like a hawk so it doesn’t burn.
Can’t say enough good things about this meal. It’s so flavorful – a hit with everyone. It’s easy and something you can add to, based on your favorite side dishes or what you have in the fridge.
It is heavenly.
Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Crispy Pistachio Chicken with Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
zucchini ribbon salad
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- shaved parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray the rack with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Pound the chicken with a meat tenderizer until it is about ¼ to ½ inch in thickness. Season the chicken well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs. In a large bowl, combine the pistachios, breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Dip each piece of chicken in the beaten egg and then dredge it through the bread crumbs, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Place the chicken pieces on the wire rack. Spray each with a mist of olive oil/grapeseed oil/coconut oil (a high-heat oil is best!). Bake the chicken for 10 to 12 minutes, remove it from the oven, gently flip each piece and mist with spray, then bake for 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Note: The key to crunchy chicken fingers and keeping the breading on the chicken is the wire rack AND the misting spray!
- While the chicken bakes, make the zucchini ribbon salad! Use a vegetable peeler to slice ribbons from a zucchini lengthwise. Place them in a bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, parmesan and olive oil with a big pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle it over the zucchini ribbons and toss. Top with shaved parmesan. Serve with the crispy pistachio chicken!
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to follow @howsweeteats on instagram and tag #howsweeteats. You can also post a photo of your recipe to our facebook page.
I appreciate you so much!
Just look at the crunch.
4 Comments on “Crispy Pistachio Chicken with Zucchini Ribbon Salad.”
I don’t normally leave comments but this is so good I couldn’t not. I always struggle with chicken being dry or tough we just don’t normally like it much but my husband after two bites informed me that this is the only chicken he is ever eating again. And the zucchini is absolutely delicious as well. Thank you!
So delicious! Perfect healthy meal for a summer night and a fun way to use garden zucchini :-) will def make it again!
This was good! I sprayed like crazy and used the rack but almost all the coating fell off. Zucchini salad was great.
Once again, super yummy and easy recipe that the family loved!