1. Making these moon pie bars today!
2. Last week Max asked me how many cookbooks I’d written and how they were in bookstores. Then he said he knew what my next book should be on. “HOTDOGS!”
3. Also, last week he asked me for lunchables. Like the actual lunchable. Never mind that I’ve been making him basically amazing homemade lunchables for three years now for school. Hmmpf.
4. The worst part is that as a kid, I also want lunchables so bad. I thought they looked cool. My mom would never let us get them.
5. Do it before you sit down. This is what I do everyday and is my mentality for productivity! When I sit down… I am done.
6. TV things!! I watched two movies last week – first, somebody that I used to know on prime. It was okay, pretty good.
7. How to clean your kitchen for real.
8. One thing I can never get behind: peanut butter cookies with peanuts in them. Just no.
9. Oh and I actually ordered girl scout cookies this year – caramel delites forever! – and THEY SENT ME THE WRONG BOX! The packing slip said caramel delights but thin mints were inside. Whomp whomp.
11 Comments on “Tuesday Things.”
I forgot that it’s Girl Scout cookie season!!!! I hope you get a replacement for your box!
I have to know what was the second movie you watched …. and was it good??
It may be fun to do a Lunchable taste test to see if he likes them/has a favorite variety.
Regarding cookies: my niece is a first year Daisy and called my husband to sell cookies. She somehow managed to sell him 2 cases! We live by ourselves and I have Celiacs so I asked my husband what he planned to do with 24 boxes of cookies…
Apparently he just couldn’t say no😂
I cracked up about the Lunchable comment; my eight yo stepson loooooves to find them in his lunchbox (I only buy when they’re on sale for a treat). When I provide the homemade elements of various lunchables for his lunch, it’s just not the same excitement, even though the taste and nutrition is so much more! Same with PopTarts. Marketing at its finest :)
I would definitely by the hot dog cookbook
My husband worked for Kraft Heinz and they would get coupons for lunchables all the time. I never bought them and my kids always asked for them. I finally broke down when I was sick and gave them each one. They hates them and said they felt bad for their friends bad lunches. 😂
So, give him one and he will probably hate it.
I love that Max understands that you’ve written cookbooks. Wow! He’s such a good kid.
I teach preschool and have never had a child eat an entire lunchable. They either eat only the cheese and cookies or only the meat and crackers or the cookies and crackers only. You get the drift…… but they are sooo excited to find them in their lunch boxes.
We used to let our kids get Lunchables whenever they had field trips because that way I didn’t have to worry about lunchboxes getting lost off campus and they got it out of their system for the most part. It worked well.
Cute movie I just watched is, Always Be My Maybe on Netflix.
My kids did want Lunchables also I finally bought them and they were awful.
Thin mints straight from the freezer are so good!! It’s oddly refreshing haha!!